Marketing Manager- Southern Africa
Reports to: Head of Marketing – East and Southern Africa (ESA)
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Business Context & Main Purpose of the role
- Drive profitable growth for Spreads
- Develop and deliver a clearly articulated operational plan for Spreads to deliver against long and short-term category objectives
- Work closely with stakeholders to develop and implement brand plans which deliver business objectives through innovation, media plans and activation
- Building business partnerships with category/brand team as well as customer marketing, customer development, finance and supply chain.
- Develop and drive the Upfield Foods business, including optimize its base and set, execute and implement strategies
- Develop and drive long term brand vision delivering category and market share growth
- Develop and implement brand marketing plans taking into account local market and consumer insights
- Optimizing product assortment to fit market demands and introducing relevant innovations
- Managing pricing strategy in order to drive profitable growth
- Developing optimized communication & activation mix with a market relevant message together with creative agencies
- Driving aligned ATL and BTL communication in co-operation with local Customer Marketing and Sales teams. Ensuring all planned activities are executed to an optimal level and that key JTBDs are achieved and set KPIs are met in terms of trial, awareness and ROMI
- Responsibility for media/PR communication, campaign briefing and planning
- Ensure accurate monitoring and controlling of Advertising & Promotion budget.
At Upfield Foods we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
Key Skills & Experiences
- Relevant experience in brand building
- Developed analytical skills of the FMCG market and what drives sales
- Experience in developing business strategy and implementation
- Strong communication and people skills
- Preferably experience from globally owned companies
- Good team player and influencer
- Good solution-oriented mindset and ability to work independently
- A passion for consumers, marketing and branding
- A strong drive and passion for winning!
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!
To apply for this job please visit www.upfield.com.