|Prudential Life Assurance Zambia(PLAZ)
|Marketing and Communications
|Manager – Marketing, Brand and Communication
|Marketing and Communication Coordinator
|Job Purpose & Scope
|To assist coordinate marketing, brand, and communication operations for Prudential Zambia.
Reporting to the Manager for Marketing and Communications, the role requires a dynamic and adaptable marketing professional to assist in the implementation of marketing and communication activities according to the calendar. Through a business partnership approach, the role will provide best practice, strategic marketing, communications, relationship building, event coordination, and CSR support to the business, helping the company to execute against its business objectives.
The individual will be expected to be a team player with strong interpersonal, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills as well as be able to work across the entire communications and marketing brief covering branding, advertising, marketing campaigns, public relations, digital marketing, and events
|Brand Awareness and Communications
- Maintain and develop strong relationships with all internal and external stakeholders including vendors, media, and customers.
- Monitor and attend to social media and mobile comments and messages and direct them to the correct department.
- Assist create internal and external marketing materials through the formulation of copy and/or graphics.
- Seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of the brand, and coordinate publicity events as required ensuring all branding, collateral, and people requirements are met.
- Work with team members to conceptualize and implement communications strategies and campaigns.
- Assist in end-to-end planning and coordination of all meetings, press conferences, and presentations as well as keep a record of activities.
- Coordinate volunteers, support staff, vendors, and more to support promotional events.
- Make presentations on behalf of the department as guided by line manager.
Corporate Social Responsibility
- Be the CSR champion in the department driving the successful execution of all activities and volunteer opportunities with input and guidance from the team.
Planning and Tracking
- Monitor and track all calendars, implementation plans, and databases and ensure they are up to date and on schedule.
- Provide input in the annual Public Relations calendar and ensure that planned activities are delivered on time.
- Assist in the development of briefs and memorandums to be presented to senior management for marketing activities.
- Ensure that all requisitions, expenses, and payments are recorded, tracked, and delivered.
- Keep quarterly inventory of all marketing collateral including corporate gifts, corporate clothing, and branded collateral.
- Maintain media archives including press clippings, digital media, audio, and video.
- Create monthly Marketing and Strategy Reports highlighting activities and progress against department KPIs.
- Create post event reports to gauge success.
- Report on customer feedback and engagement from social media channels, website, and phone communications.
|Core Competences Required:
- Dynamic, pro-active professional with strong planning, organisation, creativity, and delivery skills.
- Driven and determined with a high level of professionalism.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise projects.
- Well-connected in marketing, media, and government affairs with good networking skills.
- Good time management and organisational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Be adept, energetic, self-motivated, persistent, mature, self-confident, and diligent with a positive attitude.
- Well-developed written and oral communication as well as presentation and facilitation skills
- Commercial awareness, good industry and business understanding.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license.
|Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Degree in Marketing, Digital Media, or relevant field
- Public Relations or Journalism an added advantage
- 2 Years experience in a relevant field.
- Understanding of all elements of marketing and communication.