Website John Snow Inc.
Market Research Advisor
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Position Category: Local hire, paid in country
Posting Date: 06/05/2021
Deadline Date: Open until the position is filled.
- Support the development and implementation of the ZAM-Heath Strategic Information plan and the Activity Monitoring and Evaluation Plan;
- Design, conduct, and/or oversee various types of health market analyses, including but not limited to stakeholder mapping, trend analysis, consumer research/insights to guide programmatic investments aimed to increase private sector engagement in health service delivery;
- Design and oversee social marketing and behavioural research initiatives for product and service brand development, perform in-depth formative research, and establish a platform for constant contact and feedback with consumers through existing community, civic and social networks;
- Work with the Strategic Information Specialist to compile and analyze market data using digital and traditional methods;
- Collect data on consumers, competitors and market place and interpret data, formulate reports and make recommendations;
- Provide competitive analysis on various market offerings, identify market trends, pricing/business models, sales and methods of operation;
- Remain fully informed on market trends, other parties’ researches and implement best practices;
- Ensure data reporting and use to measure progress and make necessary refinements;
- Participate and contribute to the clear presentation of quarterly reports, annual work plan and other reports as well as participate in various internal and external meeting;
- Support efforts to promote Collaborative, Learning, and Adaptation (CLA) Activities;
- Be an active member of the Strategic Information team lead by the Director of Strategic Information;
- Responsible for implementing JSI’s Accountability Framework and Code of Conduct, and adhering to JSI’s policies on fraud management; and
- Any other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in health policy, health economics, marketing, statistics or a related advanced degree, with 5 – 7 years of experience;
- At least 2-3 years of experience with USAID or donor funded projects strongly preferred;
- Progressive experience in monitoring, evaluation, and research (MER) in the public health field or of large, complex markets;
- Demonstrated experience in implementing and assessing innovative approaches in demand generation programming for public and private health sector;
- Experience with social and commercial marketing;
- Good understanding of Zambia’s health system and prior experience with Total Market Approach or other market development approaches will be an advantage;
- Experience in qualitative, quantitative research, advocacy and policy analysis policy;
- Excellent knowledge of statistical packages (SPSS, SAS or similar), databases and MS Office;
- Strong analytical and critical thinking;
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills; and,
- Ability to travel to project sites as needed.
Closing Date: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letters online.
JSI is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or protected veteran status in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia
To apply for this job please visit careers.jsi.com.