Liberty Group South Africa
At Liberty, we employ more than 6 000 people across 7 businesses in 18 African countries. Every day, our employees grow their knowledge by working with diverse groups of people who specialize in a wide range of skills across insurance, asset management, investment and health products. We continually seek to engage, develop, recognize and reward the people who make our business great.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the strategic and people leadership of the business, for integrating the business with the Group’s other insurance businesses to achieve business benefits, and ensuring that financial, commercial, and operational best practices are implemented.
Key strengths of the successful candidate will be a proven track record of people leadership, an ability to build a sustainable high-performance culture, an ability to build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, as well as an ability to analyze and interpret financial and other numbers.
- Setting the strategic direction for the country business within the context of the overall business strategy.
- Ensuring the execution of strategic priorities to achieve agreed financial, customer, and channel metrics.
- Leading the business by setting priorities, living the brand and culture, and ensuring appropriate people practices. Developing the business in terms of channel and product line expansion to attain and retain clients.
- Ensuring there are appropriate commercial processes and infrastructure in place to deliver desired business objectives.
- Understanding and managing key risks to which the business is exposed including market, insurance, operational, compliance, and legislative risk.
- Interacting and managing key stakeholders, including (but not limited to) Boards, Regulators, Shareholders, Statutory Actuary, Auditors, and Industry Bodies.
- Identifying and executing acquisition opportunities to accelerate the achievement of the business strategy.
- Role as member of the Group’s Africa Executive Team in determining and executing overall strategy.
Specialized Knowledge and Experience Required
- At least 10 years management experience at a senior level in the financial sector, at least five of which shall be in the insurance business.
- Proven track record of leading and developing people, achieving financial goals, of building sustainable businesses and of delivery of strategic projects will be beneficial.
- Minimum of a degree in Business Studies, Economics, Accounting, Finance, Engineering, Actuarial Science, Insurance Studies, or equivalent
- Leading and managing people
- Strategic capability and ability to execute on strategy
- Business and commercial acumen
- Financial skills
- Risk management
- Relationship skills
- Change management competence
- Understanding of Brand and Marketing
- Stress Tolerant
- Entrepreneurial and Commercial thinking
Remuneration – Market Related
Applications accompanied by a detailed CV should be emailed to the following e- mail: [email protected]
(Please note that if you have not received a reply within 15 days of closing date, this will mean that your application was unsuccessful)
Vaccination Policy & Hybrid Working Model
We are evolving the way we work and will be launching a Hybrid working model, in line with this Liberty has implemented a Mandatory vaccination policy which is applicable to all employees, this is to further strengthen our commitment to the safety of all employees. Right of refusal to be vaccinated against COVID-19, either on constitutional and/or medical grounds, is taken into consideration and will be dealt with through an objection process. More information about our Hybrid working model and Mandatory vaccination policy will be discussed during the recruitment process for this position.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.