The Manager Supply Chain will be responsible for the implementation of the INFRATEL’s Supply Chain strategy, preparation and implementation of the procurement plan and budget to ensure the supply of goods and services as required in the implementation of the Corporate Business Strategy. Additionally, he/she shall implement the Supply Chain policies and procedures and advise Management on the Zambia Public Procurement laws and regulations to ensure INFRATEL is protected from risks associated with non-compliance.
- Align the Procurement Strategy to the Corporate strategy, vision, mission and values to optimize human capital productivity.
- Developing inventive and cost-effective strategies.
- Forecast, plan, develop and review budget for the Procurement department that provides INFRATEL with return on investment, and seek approval thereof.
- Manage and optimize the budget, ensuring all expenditure is in line with the agreed budgets.
- Monitor costs and determine initiatives to optimize resources. Ensure cost effectiveness by maximizing cost/benefit ratios.
- Procurement Policies and Procedures
- Develop all required Procurement policies and procedures to give general guidance on purchasing goods and services matters.
- Provide guidance to employees and Management on correct interpretation of Procurement/ Supply chain laws and other things.
- Performing risk assessments on potential contracts and agreements.
- Ensure the Company’s compliance to all statutory and regulatory obligations including ZPPA, ZIPS, ZRA.
- Design, establish and maintain a departmental structure and staffing to effectively accomplish the Procurement goals and objectives.
- Overseeing a team of procurement officers
- Ensure that there exists a robust performance management in the Procurement department.
- Ensure that management and staff are well trained and are knowledgeable in the Procurement system of the company.
- Performance Management System (PMS)
- Ensure adherence to the performance management system to ensure staff work towards contributing towards meeting the procurement and organisational objectives.
- Ensure implementation of the performance management system (PMS) to meet the PMS objectives.
- Ensure that there exist measures to monitor and reward the Procurement Contracts.
- Negotiating contract terms with suppliers to secure advantageous terms for the Organisation.
- Ensure that the Tender Documents are developed, and information is reviewed.
- Ensure that reward system is aligned to the ZPPA requirements.
Training & Development
- Consolidates a list for all Procurement staff employees that need training as per the identified training needs through the appraisals.
- Ensure that Training Needs Analysis is done for the department.
- Consolidate the Procurement Training Plan.
- Ensure compliance of Procurement code/Policy/ Regulation in order to maintain order in the Organisation.
- Logistics Management
- Assist logistics process for the development of new products, inventory maintenance, manufacturing, shipment and delivery, and returns on products.
- Keep detailed records, generate reports, and develop presentations to help management understand the logistics perspective
- Ensure that the Suppliers or Distributor’s payment are processed in time.
- Build relationships within the company and with external parties, such as suppliers or distributors.
- Liaising with key stakeholders in the Organisation to determine goods and service needs.
- Attend Management Meetings
- Attending Tender Opening Meetings
- Read and comprehend legal documents, such as contracts or import/export agreements.
- Understanding of principles of Accounting and Finance.
- Prepare Monthly and Quarterly reports and any other reports as may be required.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, or related field.
- Master’s in Supply Chain Management or its equivalent from a reputable institution.
- Member of Zambia Institute Purchasing and Supply
- Minimum of 6 years work Experience in Supply Chain management or a similar position
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia
To apply for this job please visit www.enchinto.co.zm.