Workers Compensation Fund Control Board
The Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board (WCFCB) is a social security scheme responsible for compensating workers in respect of accidents suffered and diseases contracted during the course of employment in accordance with the provisions of the Workers’ Compensation Act No. 10 of 1999 of the Laws of Zambia.
The Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board invites applications from suitably qualified Zambian citizens to fill the following vacant position.
Manager – Occupational Diseases (1)
- Meet with client at intake, in the hospital prior to discharge, in their home or on their worksite; utilize specialized occupational therapy knowledge and skills to assess for activities of daily living skills, needs, productivity, and leisure
- Research, develop, deliver and supervise implementation of goal-oriented rehabilitation programs, including the full or partial restoration of daily activities and living skills, and leisure and return to work activities for individuals living with occupational injuries/diseases.
- Consult with family members and other healthcare professionals involved on the client’s rehab team, as needed, from initial assessment through to discharge
- Provide on-going management and analysis of a client’s progress towards the rehabilitation goals.
- Document all relevant clinical data and discharge reports on the timelines required by the Board.
- Provide supervision, education, and support to Unregulated Support Personnel such as Therapy Assistants, according to the needs of the client.
- Actively participate in inter-disciplinary meetings to share best practices and generate creative solutions.
- Engage in professional development opportunities appropriate to clinical practice in the field of Occupational Therapy.
- Ensure that the practice of Occupational Therapy is conducted in accordance with the regulatory bodies
- Understand and comply with the legal requirements of licensure, legislation scope of practice, and policies and procedures of the Board.
- Protect the individual’s beliefs and values and the right to confidentiality, privacy, respect and dignity.
- Grade Twelve (12) School Certificate.
- Degree in Medicine (MBChB) or equivalent
- Masters Degree in any field
- At least five (5) years’ work experience in Middle or Senior Management position
- Member of the Zambia Medical Association (ZMA)
- Registered with the Health Professions Council of Zambia (HPCZ)
- Analytical and problem-solving skills involving the identification of problems, analysis of information, formulation of workable solutions and the recommendation of appropriate solution (s)
- Communication skills of a high standard, both verbally and in writing. including proficiency in the English language and the effective presentation of information
- Strategic planning and program evaluation skills for public or private organizations
- Ability and experience in formulating and composing policy across a wide range of subjects relating to social security activities as relates to occupational therapy and management
- Effectiveness in operating in teams across disciplines and departmental Iines, both as a member and as a leader
- Ability to develop new technical skills and embrace new technology and techniques
- Project development, project management skills including budget management
- Well-developed and high-level organizational skills.
- Time management
- Interpersonal skills of a high standard
- Ability to keep up-to-date with legislative and policy changes
- Self-motivation and initiative
- Adaptability to computing systems as operated by the organization from time to time and an awareness of relevant technological applications.
Applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae with traceable referees, certified copies of all relevant academic and Professional certificates, copy of National Registration Card (NRC) or Passport to support your application with contact details indicating day time telephone/mobile numbers should be submitted to the following address later than 4th June, 2021.
Please note that you DO NOT need to apply if you don’t meet the minimum job requirements and note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
Manager – Human Resources and Administration
Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board
Corner Broadway / Moffat Road
P.O. Box 71534