The Zambia Forestry and Forest Industries Corporation PLC (ZAFFICO) is a listed and publicly traded company whose mission is to establish and manage industrial exotic forest plantations and agroforestry products in order to meet demand and maximize return on investment
In pursuance of its mission and strategic goals, the Corporation is now inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the under-listed position:
1.0 MANAGER-ICT (4-YEAR CONTRACT OF SERVICE)
REPORTING TO THE MANAGING DIRECTOR
1.1 JOB PURPOSE
To oversee the development and operationalisation of an Information Communication Technology (ICT) Strategy for the Corporation, develop ICT Policies and Procedures and manage the Corporation’s day-to-day technology operations.
MAIN DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB HOLDER
- Spearhead the development of the Corporations ICT Strategy in line with the overall Departmental and Corporate Strategy.
- Oversee and manage the Corporation’s ICT operations and computer systems.
- Develop and implement ICT Policies and Procedures that will support the realisation of the Corporation’s Strategies.
- Develop Annual ICT Operational Plans that are aligned to the Corporation’s Strategic focus areas for the respective year.
- Coordinate the development and management of the Annual ICT functional budget and ensure that ICT expenditure is kept within the approved Budget.
- Implement measures to ensure that ICT Infrastructure runs efficiently and that appropriate backup and disaster recovery procedures and plans are in place to ensure business continuity and disaster recovery of critical systems respectively.
- Assist in building relationships with vendors and creating cost-efficient contracts.
- Analyse the Corporation’s ICT requirements and recommend appropriate systems and tools for implementation to ensure resources invested in ICT provide improvements to services and value for money.
- Manage ICT staff by identifying training needs, providing coaching, communicating job expectations and appraising their performance.
- Ensure an appropriate ICT Security Architecture is developed over systems access, data, network access and backups.
- Identify problematic areas and implement tactical and strategic solutions in time.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 School Certificate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, MIS or related fields.
- Must hold a valid driver’s licence.
- A Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
- Eight to Ten (8-10) years of proven experience in a reputable organisation as ICT Head or similar role with a traceable record.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
The candidate must have a strong understanding of computer systems (hardware/software), network administration and network installation
Interested candidates may submit their application letters, copies of relevant academic certificates and Curriculum Vitae indicating contact telephone or mobile numbers, names and contact addresses of three (3) traceable referees and copies of other credentials to the address below:
DIRECTOR, HUMAN RESOURCE
P.O. BOX 71566
CLOSING DATE The closing date for receiving applications is Friday 21″October 2022.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.