Standard Chartered Bank
Primary Location: Africa & Middle East-Zambia-Lusaka
Schedule: Full Time
Employee Status: Permanent
Unposting Date: 2/Aug/2021, 12:59:00 AM
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- To add-value to the strategic direction, planning, budgeting forecasting and performance of the business in support of the Cluster or Business Head
- Implement controls within the Business Unit to meet business cost challenges.
- Assist Business Unit Head and Finance Operational Risk Manager in coordinating, driving and directing effective compliance and operational risk management at the Business Unit level
- Support Consumer Private & Business Banking (CPBB) on strategy development, business planning and budgeting.
- Ongoing evaluation of business decision making process through business MIS and application of analytics.
- Analysis and evaluation of investment decisions and options support the project approval process and provide financial management of initiatives.
- Report Country Consumer Private & Business Banking performance and ensure reports are timely and accurate at both product and customer segments level and feed into;
- Monthly Exco & Performance reviews
- Quarterly board reviews
- Half & full year financial reporting
- Review regulatory returns for Insurance agency & investment services
Budgeting and Planning
- Actively support the formulation and reporting of the annual Country Consumer Private & Business Banking Budget
- Assist to develop and maintain product and customer segment profitability modelling.
- ICAAP- supporting the business with ICAAP financials and assumptions used to aid the country ICAAP activities.
- Individual Learning and Developments Plans
Operational Risk Management and Assurance
- Act as Unit Operational Risk Manager for the Reporting Unit
- To report Unit’s Operational Risk issues and losses to Functional Operational Risk Manager (FORM)
- To assist FORM in developing and updating of procedures, controls and monitoring plans
Operational Risk Management
- To adhere to the agreed KCSA plans and approach
- To identify and report all exceptions on non compliance with standard controls
- To identify and report all weaknesses inherent in the standard controls
- To maintain proper record keeping on all KCSA related activities
Health & Safety (General)
- Complete mandatory H&S learning; behave responsibly in compliance with this policy;
- Follow instructions as defined in H&S standard and comply with applicable legal requirements;
- Report work related accidents, incidents, ill health and unsafe workplace conditions
- Cooperate in assessment and mitigation of H&S risks and investigation of accidents and incidents.
- Provide leadership in Zambia CPBB Finance team to comply with the highest standards of regulatory and business conduct and practices as defined by internal and external requirements. Understand and ensure compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations and guidelines including those governing securities activities, company law, anti-money laundering, terrorist financing and sanctions; the Group’s policies and procedures; and the Group Code of Conduct. Take personal responsibility for understanding the risk and compliance requirements of the role. Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk and compliance matters.
- Embed the Group’s Values and Group Code of Conduct to ensure adherence with the highest standards of ethics. Comply with relevant policies, processes and regulations, as part of the culture. Lead by example by displaying exemplary conduct behaviours and take personal responsibility for:
- The conduct of individuals in Zambia CPBB Finance team ensuring behaviours set out in the Group Code of Conduct is followed.
- Zambia CPBB Finance team achieving the outcomes set out in the Conduct Principals and Pillars.
- both direct and indirect/dotted line managers are individually accountable to proactively communicate, collaborate and agree on the conduct ratings of employees.
- Ensure vigilance in relation to the risk of money laundering and assist in the Bank’s efforts in combating it
- Business Heads
- Group Finance
- GFS Kenya – Hub
- GFS Chennai
- Heads of support functions
- Internal Auditors
- Business Operations
- Central Bank
- Tax Authorities and Consultants
- Insurance Agencies
- External Auditors
- Industry and Trade Associations
- Central Statistical Office
- Financial Institutions
- Stock Exchange
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
- Minimum 5 O’Level Credits or better including Mathematics and English.
- Degree in Economics, Business Administration, Accounting or Professional Accounting qualification (e.g. CIMA or ACCA) together with at least 2 years relevant working experience.
- A sound knowledge of the Group Market Risk and Accounting practice and statutory requirements, and indeed an all round banking experience.
- Good communications and inter personal skills due to the frequent contact with both internal and external customers.
- Hands on experience in computer packages and spreadsheets
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia
To apply for this job please visit scb.taleo.net.