World Vision Zambia
World Vision Zambia (WVZ) Limited is a faith-based Organization dealing with Relief aid, Development, and Advocacy dedicated to working with children, families, and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. WVZ is part of World Vision International and serves all people regardless of religion, race, tribe, or gender. We are currently working on 38 large-scale programs in over 30 districts in Zambia.
Position: Malaria Surveillance Specialist
Reporting to: Malaria Project Manager
Purpose of the Position:
To support, strengthen, and provide backstopping to key malaria surveillance activities associated with Zambia’s growing iCCM+ network of health facilities and community health workers.
- Work with information officers at provincial, district and health facility level to trouble-shoot and find solutions to HMIS-DHIS2 and other information systems to ensure accuracy and completeness of data.
- Monitor weekly and monthly data reporting to ensure timely and quality reported data by health facilities, community health workers, and other sub facilities through routine analysis.
- Reconfigure malaria reporting phones and assist with talk time disbursement to health facility personnel and community health workers.
- Use visualization software to produce malaria stratification graphs, maps, and other visuals for NMEC and the PoS team to track implementation.
- Provide technical support to mobile client operators in areas related to data collecting, analysis, implementation, hardware operation and trouble-shooting.
- Maintain the flow and presentation of quality and timely data from community and facility levels through the Malaria Rapid Reporting System and visualization platforms
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience:
- At least a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field including health-related fields, social or economic sciences
- Minimum one year of experience working with infectious or vector-borne disease surveillance systems
- Experience with District Health Information System 2 (DHIS2) or other electronic health management information platforms is highly desirable
- Experience with data visualization platforms a plus
- Proven experience in conducting adult learning trainings
- Proficiency with MS Office suite
- Good communications skills
“World Vision Zambia is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from all forms of abuse and sexual exploitation. All employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks”.
Applications will close by 25 June 2021. Only those who meet the requirements will be contacted.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply; ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted!
World Vision Zambia Jobs
To apply for this job please visit careers.wvi.org.