Hitachi Construction Machinery Zambia
Job Title: Machinist
JOB INTENT: To machine components in line with Hitachi standards/specifications. Interpret engineering drawings and use a wide range of machine tools.
REPORTS TO: Supervisor – Machine Shop
BRANCH: Reman Lusaka
- Must be able to perform various machining operations using all standard machine tools with minimum supervision.
- Must be able to do JIG and fixture designing.
- Must be able to interpret engineering Drawings.
- Be able to understand Limits and Fits.
- Must have knowledge to Dismantle, Asses, Assemble components e.g. speed reduction, gear boxes and any Related Components.
- Must be able to analyse components and machine to suit the prevailing situation at sites.
- Must be able to do crack detecting, repair and heat treatment.
- Must be able to perform Critical measurements.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Certificate in Machining from a government recognised Institution.
- Advanced Certificate in Mechanical engineering with proven machining experience will be added advantage.
- Must be a member of Engineering Institution of Zambia with a practicing certificate for this current year.
- 4 years experience in mining, engineering or any related industries.
- Must be of sober character and Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Safety Standards
- Knowledge of component failure analysis.
If you meet the above requirements, please send your detailed C.V, certified copies of certificates and a cover letter written in own handwriting to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Hitachi Construction Machinery Zambia, Co; Ltd.
KK International Airport road plot 2350/M
P.O. Box 30182, Lusaka.
Or email in a single document to; [email protected]
The closing date for applicants is Monday 26th July, 2021.
NOTE: All applicants are thanked for their interest, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.