PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide. In the last several years, remarkable progress has been made in fighting Malaria worldwide innovative approaches to broadening access to and use of key interventions that address the most pressing causes of maternal and child deaths, poor health, and poor nutritional statu
PATH now seeks to recruit a Logistics Officer who will provide logistical support to the Project Administrator under the ATSB Project.
- Facilitate and manage relationships with local (Kaoma-based) suppliers to support the procurement of commodities in a timely fashion in liaison with the Procurement Officer and/or PADM
- Oversee 7 project motorbike riders and responsible for assigning of vehicle movements in liaison with program officers.
- Manage the fuel procured for ATSB motor vehicles and motorbikes activities, ensuring correct records of issuing fuel/lubricants are maintained and reconciled.
- Monitor vehicle and motorbike maintenance records, log sheets and vehicle tracking system.
- In corroboration with the procurement officer and/or PADM, arrange for all vehicle/motorbike servicing needs.
- Monitor and ensure that vehicle/motorbike log sheets are completed and signed off by authorizing staff. Maintain and ensure all assets are correctly recorded in the Assets Register
- Act as first point of contact in receiving and issuing of supplies.
- Help to streamline the supply chain system for the commodities in line with generally acceptable supply processes, observing the lead times and FIFO methods for commodity distributions.
- Maintain stock records (BIN Cards), Goods Received Notes (GDNs) and the Goods Dispatch Notes (GDNs) for all supplies received and sent to the field.
- In line with the budget, work with other program officers to determine and plan on quarterly commodity needs and make procurement plans.
- To work closely with other work stream leads to oversee inventory of all procured equipment and other supplies and share information with Procurement Officer and PADM.
- Manage storage of all supplies and communicate any bottlenecks in the system to the PADM.
- Prepare and share verifiable monthly stock movements and other supplies details as needed
- Support the Project Administrator with field activity payments as needed
- Minimum of an Advanced Diploma in a related field plus 3 years’ experience in logistics
- Experience with donor funded projects and reporting regulations is required.
- Excellent negotiation and people skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to track multiple activities simultaneously.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office, including word processing, databases, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- Membership to the relevant professional body in Zambia is required.
Must have legal authorization to work in Zambia.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit path.silkroad.com.