People In Need
Position: Logistics Manager
Contract duration: Up to 31st December 2022 (possible renewable)
Start date: 01/04/2022
Line Manager: Country Director
Closing Date: 27/03/2022
People in Need works in Zambia since 2017 delivering lifesaving and development assistance to vulnerable people in the sectors of nutrition, livelihoods, WASH, environment and good governance.
We are looking for an energetic, qualified and experienced individual to lead our Logistics and Procurement Department.
The Logistics Manager (LM) is a member of the country Programme support staff who manages the operations of the entire country Programme and its offices, compounds and guesthouses in a way that the Programmes can effectively deliver their objectives. The LM is responsible for proper procurement process. The LM works closely with the Head of Systems and Operations (HoSO) and/or Country Director (CD) in order to set up an efficient and safe working living environment for all staff members. S/he provides leadership in specific technical areas of competence, such as recruitment and training of logistical staff, in order to deliver results and s/he operates within the logistics budget.
Reporting Relations & Interdependencies with Other Functions
The LM’s line manager is HoSO or CD.
At country programme level, the LM is the line manager of Logistics Officer/Assistant, Procurement Officer [A1], IT support, drivers, guards and other support staff. However, the LM shall also work closely with Head of Programmes, Finance Manager/Officer and with the Security Officer.
At headquarters (HQ) level, the LM works in cooperation with Head of Logistics, Security Advisor and with Procurement Officers who provide support and methodological guidance in respective fields. S/he also cooperates with Support Desk Officer (SDO) in regards to staff movements between HQ and country programme.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Logistics manager supervises all areas of logistics operations in the Country Programme (CP), namely fleet management, procurement, stock management and base management. Depending on the size of the CP, the LM may supervise IT setup as well.
- The LM reviews operational solutions according to programme staff
- advises on procurement procedures in project’s procurement planning stage;
- coordinates and supports programme objectives through timely procurement of goods and services;
- coordinates and supports deliveries and distribution from warehouse;
- oversees effective transport planning and utilisation of project vehicles.
Human Resources & Capacity Development
- The LM participates in recruitment of logistical team;
- trains and supervises sound logistical team in adherence to PIN logistics and procurement guidelines;
- trains and supports programme staff in procurement procedures;
- oversees training of drivers.
- The LM oversees identification of suitable and reliable suppliers, vendors, providers and contractors of goods and services in support of programme implementation in accordance with PIN procurement guidelines;
- encourage and support programme staff in proper planning of purchases;
- cooperates with HoSO and/or CD to maintain measures of secure anti-corruption, transparency and cost efficiency perception of country programme procurement;
- manages procurement and purchases of programme items as well as office/compound items and services;
- oversees negotiations with local suppliers and contract management;
- The LM follows the PIN’s Code of Conduct and the Key PIN Policies and educates his/her team on this matter especially in relation to procurement;
- assures compliance with donor procurement requirements;
- assures compliance with PIN administrative and procurement guidelines;
- follows, respects and encourages her/his team to use PIN’s administrative management systems ELO and NAVISION
Safety & Security
- The LM knows and adheres to PIN Safety and Security Policy with all associated parts;
- is responsible for setting up safe working and living environment for all PIN staff;
- is responsible for administering and updating country specific Medical plan;
- along with Security Officer acts as the country Programme focal point for medical or other emergency.
Logistics & Administration
- The LM ensures safe, efficient and cost-effective transport of staff and materials/goods;
- in line with PIN’s Logistics handbook and Process manual, establishes accountable and functional supply chain logistics and warehousing systems, following PIN stock management guideline;
- ensures rational vehicle utilization, maintenance, fuel consumption monitoring and control systems;
- oversees smooth supply delivery to implementation areas/distributions;
- coordinates, supports and supervises field offices’ operational management;
- cares for the technical aspects of the country Programme, including offices and IT and initiates innovative solutions leading to improved operation;
- oversees functioning office and compound/guesthouse management with all related services;
- ensures and sets up proper asset management in accordance with PIN Assets guideline;
- produces monthly reports for the CP management;
- in cooperation with Finance Manager and with focus on efficiency, creates and oversees logistics budgets for office, warehouse, compound/guesthouse, fleet and transport management;
- is in charge of regular monitoring of operational spending, based on which implements improvement so cost effectivity is always secured.
And fulfils any other tasks as required.
PERSON SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
- Must be qualified in Logistics or and Procurement or other relevant qualifications.
- At least 1 year experience in procurement or and Logistics
- Proof- Essential Work Experience and Knowledge
- Excellent report-writing skills
Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English and able to communicate well
- Good working knowledge of the consumer goods industry
- Creative thinking skills
- Excellent and analytical problem-solving skills
- Good time management skills
- Experience in working with electronic data
- Commitment to and understanding of PIN’s aims, values and principles
Preferred Work Experience and Knowledge
- Work experience with international NGO
- Ability to work as a team as well as alone with minimal supervision
- Ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines
- Ability to assess problems and recommend solutions
- Have latest Procurement and Logistics skills
IMPORTANT NOTE: Women and people with Disabilities are encouraged to apply
To apply for this job please visit jobs.workable.com.