Jabu Technologies Zambia
JABU is a B2B e-commerce & distribution marketplace, offering tech-enabled, route-to-market development & merchandising for FMCG brands in undeveloped areas while helping unbanked businesses grow through efficient delivery, an affordable product basket, inventory management, and credit facilities.
Distribution Manager: You will be reporting to the City Manager
- Your role as a distribution manager is to organize the storage and distribution of goods. You’ll ensure that the right products are delivered to the right location on time and at a good cost.
- You will be responsible for planning, supervising, and controlling all processes of management distribution-delivery flow: distribution process (routes, policy shipment value & weight), operation & maintenance of the fleet (vehicles), and fulfillment agent, drivers, and raiders management. Responsible for all activities requested for training and training plans related to fleet, distribution, and delivery and its supporting technological applications.
- Understanding the whole supply chain is important so that you can coordinate it effectively and liaise with suppliers of raw materials, manufacturers, retailers, and consumers.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Use IT systems to manage delivery times and transport costs
- Use associated information systems to coordinate and control the order cycle
- Use data from IT systems to evaluate performance and quality and to plan improvements
- Allocate and manage staff resources according to changing needs
- Continually try to improve and develop business performance within the constraints of legislation, fuel costs and rising environmental pressures
- Set goals, OKRs and KPIs for the distribution division under the branch
- Oversee the management of Jabu’s logistic network partners for the branch
- Develop and implement distribution processes and strategy
- Manage all areas under distribution (Dispatch, Fleet, Fulfillment, Raider, Drivers)
- Manage the acquisition and maintenance of assets (vehicles)
- Lead the hiring and onboarding of new drivers and training on safety procedures and company policies
- Consistently innovate and implement policies, procedures, and best practices in fleet operations and safety
- Monitor vehicle pool and pipeline to ensure sufficient capacity is always available and escalate on time to avoid shortfalls
- Collaborate with all other departments to identify and consolidate vehicle demands, especially regarding peak
- Collaborate with all other departments to identify and consolidate vehicle demands, especially regarding peaks
- Ensure that orders are delivered on time, in full, and in line with the highest quality standards
- Update and manage all fleet management systems
- Ensure that company policies are followed regarding vehicle maintenance, accident prevention, fuel procedures, and other driving practices so as to reduce costs and increase efficiency
- Schedule and organize timely servicing of all vehicles
- Expediting of vehicle sourcing, purchase, maintenance, and service Negotiate contracts and quotes with mechanics and dealerships, and insurance deals
- Daily, weekly, and monthly reporting on transport operations efficiency, vehicles due for services, license renewals, and drivers PDP’s
- All other duties linked with warehouse, inventory & logistics procedures ordered by WOL
- 5 years of distribution management experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics or related
- CILT membership
- Excellent understanding of distribution management procedures.
- Good knowledge of technology and relevant reporting tools
- Proven experience analyzing losses and implementing safety programs
- Extensive knowledge of retail operations and loss prevention strategies and procedures
- Excellent calculation and math skills.
- Previous experience with distribution & fleet management systems
- Excellent knowledge of word processing tools and spreadsheets
- Working knowledge of office equipment and computer hardware and peripheral devices
- Excellent communication skills in English, verbal and written
- Proven ability to assist on implement processes and improvement initiatives
- Knowledge of the distribution & fleet key performance indicators
- Expertise in distribution & fleet management procedures and best practices
- Proficient computer skills: Google Workspace tools, especially Google Sheets.
- Proficient knowledge of inventory management and inventory control
- Available to work extended hours.