University of Zambia (UNZA)
THE UNIVERSITY OF ZAMBIA
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following positions
in the Registrar’s Department at the University of Zambia.
Job Title: Legal Officer – 2 Positions
PURPOSE: To assist the Legal Counsel in the provision of legal services to the University of Zambia.
- Represent the University in court.
- Render legal opinion on any matter as may be assigned by the Legal Counsel
- Prepare court documents, contracts, agreements, etc in consultation with the Legal Counsel.
- Prepare all documents relating to property of the University such as leases and conveyances and
with approval from the Legal Counsel, deal with them in accordance with provisions of the Law
and the University Policy.
- Liaise with the Properties and Housing Unit in ensuring that all University land and other
immovable property is legally owned by way of Certification and Acquisition of Title Deeds and
that the University maintains an up-to-date register of land and other immovable property.
- Attend to Staff Tribunal Matters as may be assigned by Legal Counsel
- Grade 12 certificate or its equivalent.
- Bachelor of Laws.
- Advocate of the High Court of Zambia with a current practicing Certificate.
- At least three (3) years post admission experience preferable in a public institution.
- Must be computer literate.
Only candidates who meet the specified requirements need to apply, enclosing their detailed
Curriculum Vitae, names and addresses of three referees, copies of professional qualifications and
contact address/telephone/e-mail details. The position should be clearly marked on the envelope.
Applications to be sent to:
University of Zambia
P O Box 32379
Closing date: 4th August, 2021. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The University of Zambia is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia