Assist the Head of Legal & Company Secretary on the operations of the Department through provision of Administrative, governance services and legal counsel to all Business Partners
- Provide Administrative assistance to the Legal and Company Secretarial function; I
- dentify, mitigate and manage all legal risks inherent in and arising out of the Bank business.
- Manage disputes with potential litigation to forestall litigation against the Bank.
- Manage the business litigation pre-and post-judgment in various areas of the law and advice on management of cases and options in order to safeguard the Bank’s interests.
- Produce monthly/quarterly reports on Bank debt recovery litigation and defended matters.
- Provide legal input in the credit assessment process, effectively participate in managing legal credit risk associated with daily credit decision, smooth conclusion of credit and lending contracts and other documentation for both in country and cross border transactions.
- Drafting, vetting/reviewing Contracts, transaction and other legal documents entered between the Bank with third parties and documentation thereof, ensuring interests of the Bank are secured.
- Assist in the coordination of the lodgement process of bank securities.
- Attend to perfection and discharge of securities, conveyance and other legal drafting as may be assigned from time to time.
- Attending to searches at Court for new and pending litigation
- Filing and uplifting of court process
- Attending to service of court process and court related correspondence ensuring prompt preparation and filing of Affidavits of service prior to court hearing dates
- Following up Hearing dates/Judgements/Rulings for pending litigation
- Custodian of Court documents filed
- Maintain the Litigation Register Index book for new matters commenced
- Maintaining and monitoring other digital and hard copy registers for the department and ensuring they are up to date and in good order;
- Maintaining a good and tidy and orderly filing of court litigation files
- Managing relationships with panel law firms and act as liaison between bank and external law-firms.
- Training of business departments and induction for new staff thereby creating legal awareness of legal implications of their work.
- Prepare and update timeously where required detailed monthly and quarterly reports for the unit, various areas of
- the Bank, Management, Board and Group on significant legal cases and incidents.
- Provision of sound legal opinions, briefs and commentary on legislation and other legal awareness materials.
- Attend to any Clerical and administrative matters as may be assigned by the Head of Legal & Company Secretary from time to time
Application Closing Date: 26/01/24