Mopani Copper Mines Plc
Mopani Copper Mines Plc has operations in Mufulira and Kitwe on the Copperbelt Province in Zambia. The Company’s success has been as a result of its focused approach to improvement and the mutually beneficial relationship enjoyed with its stakeholders – an important sector of which is its employees
The Company seeks the services of a Legal Officer x1
The successful candidate under the direction of the Legal Counsel will be responsible for managing all ligation matters as well as give timely legal counsel to Company Officials in order to ensure smooth discharge of duties in accordance with relevant legal provisions (mining laws, labour laws, partnerships, international ventures, corporate finance etc.), while working within the framework of Mopani Copper Mines Plc operations,
The responsibilities of this role will include but not limited to the following:
- Representing Mopani in legal disputes.
- Under the direction of the Legal Counsel, deal with correspondence, collate information and write reports, communicate decisions to relevant company stakeholders
- Contribute to meeting discussions, and when required advise members of the legal, governance, accounting and tax departments of the implications of proposed policies and legislation
- Monitor changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and take appropriate action
- Liaise with external regulators and advisers, such as lawyers and auditors.
- Develop and oversee systems that ensure the company complies with all applicable legislation, in addition to its legal and statutory requirements
- Writing reports to the Legal Counsel on legal outcomes.
- Preparing legal opinions and guidance on changes to pieces of legislation affecting the operations of the Company.
- Collating and maintaining information records on al legal matters affecting the company.
- Adhere to safety standards in relation to the job, as required by the regulations and mine authorities
To be considered for this position, the candidate should meet the following minimum requirements:
- Grade 12 Certificate or equivalent
- Degree in Law from a recognized University,
- Bar admission as a Legal Practitioner.
- Member of the Law Association of Zambia (LAZ) with valid current Practicing Certificate.
- At least 1 year experience in Legal role function in the Mining Industry, Corporate organizations or private practice.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Mining Law, Corporate Law, Tax Law. Environmental Law, Land Law, Employment law Pension Law and other relevant legislation pertaining to the operations of the business.
- High level of integrity and ability to meet deadlines and execute difficult assignments at short notice.
The successful candidate must be result oriented and have the ability to work with own initiative, ability to understand scope of work, paying particular attention to Company policies and Corporate objectives.
Mopani is committed to establishing a winning team and a copper and cobalt business i can be proud of. The Company operates an employment policy of “meritocracy – aiming to employ the right people with the right skills, irrespective of race, gender or creed
Interested, suitably qualified and experienced applicants should submit an application in either soft or hard copy, not later than 8 September 2021 with contact phone numbers, detailed curriculum vitae which should be three pages or less and three contactable referees and copies of other credentials to the postal address below:
Human Resources Superintendent – Manpower
Mopani Copper Mines Plc
PO Box 22000
Email: [email protected]
Full confidentiality guaranteed. Please note that only short listed applicants will be responded to.
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.