Website Brilliance Executive Management Consultancy
The Legal Manager will safeguard the interest of the company and provide legal assistance to the functional / department head and leadership in developing the agreement, communications and business policies. Anticipate and manage the (legal) risks connected with or resulting from the business strategy and operations. Manage and oversee the Company’s commercial contracting purposes, including contract forms and legal contracts repository.
Summary of Key Responsibilities;
- Ensure compliance with the internal controls, statutory regulations and other formalities
- Draft legal documents such as contracts, statements, agreements etc.
- Act as an owner of a company’s IP assets such as trademarks, copyrights, patents, brand names (registrations & renewals).
- Execute procedures for protecting patents, trademarks, and industrial designs
- Handle litigation, Mergers and Acquisitions transactions /agreements
- Keeping up with current changes in all relevant areas of laws and contributing to the enhancement of the knowledge base of the company’s legal function
- Provide legal assistance to the Human resources team for employment matters and contract to draft for employment and other relating matters.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and account owners/departments to educate internal stakeholders on compliance, legal and data protection requirements and to continuously promote a culture of compliance, integrity and data protection internally.
- Provide Counsel, Assistance and Support in the creation of structures and environment for ethical and legal compliances and support enforcement of global compliance policies that are applicable across multiple business units.
- Prepare & send legal notices to client’s / IP infringers, filing of legal or civil case against debtors defaulting payments
- Provide Counsel and Assistance to IT Department on software licensing, anti-infringement and anti-piracy compliances.
- Advising on general business law issues and managing the legal issues of all areas of the company, including but not limited to corporate matters, procurement, safety, security, insurance and sustainability issues.
- Represent the Company at Corporate and Government events as required in liaison with the Country Manager.
- Proactively create and maintain awareness of business employees for (compliance with) relevant laws and regulations.
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Excellent Business and Commercial Acumen
- Attention to detail
- Mature and Ability to interact at Senior EXCO
- Negotiating Skills
- Report Writing Skills
- Excellent Time Management and Organizational Skills
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently
- Ability to think creatively, to innovate and resolve problems;
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Laws Degree
- Masters in Commercial Law will an added advantage
- Must have a minimum of 07 years working experience as Legal Manager or at HOD level
- Must have worked in a Commercial/Retailing environment
- Must have proven experience in managing Property law, Regional and Local Commercial transactions, Mergers and Acquisitions.
- Strong legal experience in Corporate and Commercial Matters.
- Experience in managing external legal counsels.
- Solid knowledge of general business law issues of an independent power producer, including regulatory framework.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English
- Familiar with corporate governance and assurance structures and policies
- Demonstrate success in managing and conducting a variety of litigation matters
- Must be a member LAZ
If you meet the minimum hiring requirements for the above position, please email your CV and Cover letter clearly stating your salary expectations to: [email protected] and copy in [email protected]m
Note that, all communications will be kept in the strictest of confidence. If you do not receive communication within 21 days of the closing date of the advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
DO NOT SEND CERTIFICATES AT THIS STAGE
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.