Website UP Zambia
JOIN OUR TEAM!
UP Zambia is a Non-Governmental Organisation whose mission is to support juveniles in conflict with the law through legal representation, social support and advocacy for a restorative juvenile justice system in Zambia.
The organisation believes in actively mentoring young professionals and exposing them to the challenges on the ground faced by the most vulnerable in society. UP Zambia has adopted a model of working with students and recent graduates in law, social work, and other fields to meet the needs of real clients in Zambia.
UP Zambia is in the process of extending its physical presence to the Copperbelt Province of Zambia and now seeks to hire Legal Interns to be based in Kabwe, Kitwe and Ndola. If you are a recent graduate in Law (Degree), living in Kabwe, Kitwe or Ndola you are encouraged to apply.
The deadline for applications is 21st September 2021.
LEGAL INTERNS NEEDED (5)
Kabwe, Ndola and Kitwe
- Assist the project officer in planning, preparation and implementation of the UNICEF UFULU program;
- Individual Monitoring of the detention of juveniles in police stations and posts);
- Participate and assist with team/group monitoring of other police stations and posts
- Assisting the project officer in managing the Hotline by ensuring effective operation of the hotline, referring calls/cases to qualified personnel and call record keeping
- Provide Legal advice to juvenile/clients in police stations, police posts and child protection hotline.
- Assist the project officer in planning and preparation of engagement meetings and workshops
- Prepare a weekly report on the intake of juveniles at police stations and posts
- And performing such acts and services as may from time to time be assigned to you.
- Law degree from a recognised institution
- Full grade 12 Certificate
- Any other related qualification will be an added advantage
By 21 September 2021, kindly send your Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter to; [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.