The University of Zambia
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following
positions in the School of Humanities and Social Sciences at the University of Zambia:
1. LECTURER – DEVELOPMENT STUDIES, 2 POSITIONS
PURPOSE: To teach, conduct research and carry out other academic related tasks.
- Grade 12 school certificate or its equivalent;
- Bachelor of Arts in Development Studies from a reputable university;
- Master of Arts in Development Studies or related field from a reputable
- A PhD in Social Sciences preferably in Development Studies or related field;
- At least three (3) years teaching experience in a recognised university will be an
added advantage or five (5) years of experience in research and consultancy in
the socio-economic development;
- Must show some proof of publications; and
- Must be computer literate.
Only candidates who meet the specified requirements need to apply to the address indicated
below, enclosing their detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of educational certificates, names
and addresses of three traceable references and contact address/ telephone/e-mail details.
The position and School should be clearly marked on the envelope.
Applications to be sent to:
University of Zambia
P.O Box 32379
Email: [email protected]
Closing date: 6th February, 2024. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The University of Zambia is an Equal Opportunity Employer.