Website Woodford School Lusaka
Woodford School Lusaka is a beautiful purpose built and co-education private school operating in Lusaka`s Kabulonga area. Our education service provides a 21st century learning experience to learners starting from Nursery up to Grade Seven (7). Woodford School Lusaka has rapidly grown to be one of the most respected names in the Zambian education sector, serving the Lusaka community with a consistent record of outstanding academic achievement for examination classes. Our philosophy for education is built upon intrinsic African values of inclusivity, nurturing the high aspirations of every child, and the holistic development of all learners. ‘Imiti Ikula Empanga’ is our motto, and this belief permeates through every aspect of life at our school. We aim to provide an enriching learning environment that empowers learners with appropriate skills, knowledge and understanding of a fast-changing world.
Woodford School Lusaka is a part of Rhodes Park Schools Group, a leading provider of private education in Zambia. Our schools enjoy membership to Independent Schools Association of Zambia (ISAZ), which provides excellent opportunities for inter-school competitions, tournaments and continuous professional development.
As an equal opportunity employer, Woodford School Lusaka requires the services of suitably qualified, well-motivated and results driven candidate to be appointed in the positions of Learning Support Teacher.
The main function is to provide individualised and small group instruction to learners with learning difficulties and work closely with the class and subject teachers in designing effective learning experiences for such students.
The prospective candidate will be expected to enhance the school’s capacity to offer quality instruction to an increasingly diverse range of students by leading, managing and developing the school’s learning support system to ensure it helps all students thrive in their academic, social and emotional development.
- Teach and support pupils using 21st century methodology.
- Advise and contribute to development of policies and procedures for the school’s Learning Support system.
- Lead the design, implementation and monitoring of IEPs for selected students.
- Support the class teacher(s) through sharing expertise and assisting with systematic instruction; particularly with accommodating diversity and multi-level learning
- Use a variety of assessment procedures to gather additional information necessary to determine appropriate interventions and programming. This may include observations, analysis of work samples, interviews, meeting with parents/guardians and formal assessments as necessary.
- Provide written reports and/or interviews for parents at each reporting period. Participate in interviews with class teachers, parents/guardians as needed.
- Communicate regularly with the school administration regarding students who are part of the school learning support caseload.
- Increase awareness and understanding of children with Specific Learning Difficulties.
- Keep up to date with own current practice and development in the subject area, attending relevant courses and training.
- Provide counselling to students having social and emotional challenges.
- Full Grade 12 Certificate with a minimum of FIVE credits.
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Special Education from a recognized University.
- Qualified Teacher registered with The Teaching Council of Zambia (TCZ).
Knowledge / Experience /Skills/Competencies/Personal attributes
- At least 1 years’ teaching experience
- Prior experience working with students with SEN is desired
- Full commitment to undergoing an intensive professional development programme to enhance professional practice
- Excellent communication (both oral and written) and presentation skills
- Good social and interpersonal skills
- Must hold high levels of integrity, professionalism, and compassion
- Flexible to changing work needs
- Ability to confidently engage with parents and other relevant stakeholders
- A great sense of humor
To apply for this rewarding opportunity, forward your Letter of Application, detailed CV and copies of professional qualifications to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.