Centre for Infectious Disease Research in Zambia (CIDRZ)
The incumbent reviews existing training programs and suggests enhancements and modifications to improve engagement, learning, and retention and/or to meet the changing needs of clientele, the organization, or the industry. Ensures that training materials and programs are current, accurate, and effective.
- Identifies training needs for employees to ensure that they are adequately equipped to perform their jobs effectively.
- Facilitates the provision of coaching and feedback to employees on how they can improve their performance.
- Works with Supervisors to conduct performance evaluations, and address any capacity building gaps.
- Participating in hiring decisions for fellows by conducting interviews with candidates and reviewing resumes and applications.
- Designs and conducts customer satisfaction surveys for performance management and training systems for improvements.
- Reviews existing training programs and suggests enhancements and modifications to improve engagement, learning, and retention and/or to meet the changing needs of clientele, the organization, or the industry.
- Ensures that training materials and programs are current, accurate, and effective.
- Conducts or facilitates required and recommended training sessions.
- Collaborates with vendors and third-party training providers to arrange employee registration for and participation in outside training programs.
- Ensures that training milestones and goals are met while adhering to the approved training budget.
- Contributes to the preparation and implementation of the training budget.
- Timely preparation of the training plan for each year.
- Sensitize staff on the training policy.
- Effectively manage the recruitment of staff into the training refund policy and ensure refunds are timely processed.
- Efficiently coordinate all leadership, managerial, supervisory, and customer service training for the organization.
- Ensures training supplies are always available.
- Provides input in the development and revision of the Learning and
- Development Policy, as well as the Performance Management/Appraisals Policy.
- Participates in the formulation of short-term and long-term strategic plans for the organization, to ensure that performance management is well aligned and integrated into divisional and departmental plans.
- Monitors the performance of the Performance Management system, and ensures staff are trained to use it.
- Maintains knowledge of new methods and techniques for training, and training requirements applicable to the organization and/or industry.
Identifies problems and opportunities such as operational changes or industry developments that training could improve.
- Efficiently and Effectively manage the HIV Corps Fellowship program in liaison with the Director of Research.
- Full Grade 12 Certificate
- Degree in Human Resources Management
- 5 years of relevant work experience
- Working knowledge of Zambian Labour Laws
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Analytical thinking and attention to detail
- Job analysis and evaluation training is an added advantage.
- A Masters degree is an added advantage
- Valid practicing ZIHRM license is a must.
Suitably qualified candidates are invited to apply. However, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.