Are you someone that thrives on solving problems and developing a strong network of people within your expertise? Are you good at building and maintaining ethical and fruitful relationships with government bodies? If you are, then this role would be perfect for you.
Alistair Group has been in Zambia for approximately 4 years, we own our own assets in the country and employ over 350 staff locally. We believe in empowering local people and businesses and are looking for a strong, ethical Government Liaison to assist us with creating and maintaining strong relations with local and provincial Government officials.
1. Overall Purpose
- To liaise with the government to ensure the overall customer experience is best in the region
- Building relationships within relevant Government agencies and influencers to ensure customer satisfaction.
- To manage liabilities to ensure legislative compliance and achievement of best practice to meet Corporate objectives to the ultimate goal of providing
- Build a systematic approach to resolving issues.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures and relevant Zambian legislation.
- To promote continual improvement, humility and safety across the Group.
2. Accountabilities & Responsibility Areas
- Working closely with public affairs, government relations and internal stakeholders.
- Supporting the monitoring of legislative developments and internal company policies and procedures affecting the business environment.
- Overseeing the Government regulations.
- Monitoring the regulatory environment on potential logistics regulations.
- Ensuring the smooth running of our operations with the government officials.
3. Health, Safety & Environment.
- Actively support Alistair Group health, safety & environment policies and procedures.
4. Formal Training/Education/ Experience
- University graduate with at least 3 years relevant experience with solid knowledge of government functions and policies
5. Knowledge & Skills
- International exposure.
- Possess a good trade contacts network.
- Excellent communication skills, analytical skills, and planning ability.
- Excellent command of English and local languages, both spoken and written.
Working hours:- Monday to Friday plus alternate Saturdays
Based:- Lusaka (remote), with occasional travel regionally
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia
To apply for this job please visit ajc.applytojob.com.