Planned Parenthood Association of Zambia (PPAZ)
PLANNED PARENTHOOD ASSOCIATION OF ZAMBIA
The Planned Parenthood Association of Zambia (PPAZ) is a non-governmental and not for profit organisation and is affiliated to the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF). The Association advocates for Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) and supplements the efforts of government and other service providers in the provision of integrated Sexual and Reproductive Health services. With funding support of Global Fund through National HIV/AIDS/STI/TB Council (NAC), PPAZ seeks experienced and qualified persons to fill the following positions:
Laboratory Technologists Two (2) Positions: 1 Livingstone and 1 Lusaka
The position will provide all the required technical support to enable the laboratory to function effectively, while adhering to correct procedures and health and safety guidelines. The Lab Technologist will report to the Clinic and perform the following tasks:
- Perform laboratory tests in order to produce reliable and precise data to support scientific investigations
- Carry out routine tasks accurately and following strict methodologies to carry out analyses
- Prepare specimens and samples
- Construct, maintain and operate standard laboratory equipment, for example centrifuges, rotas, pipetting machines and PH meters
- Keep equipment in a clean and serviceable condition and ensure the safe removal of waste
- Record, and sometimes interpret, results to present to senior colleagues
- Use computers and perform mathematical calculations for the preparation of graphs
- Ensure the laboratory is well-stocked and resourced and that everything is clearly and correctly labelled
- Keep up to date with technical developments, especially those which can save time and improve reliability
- Conduct searches on identified topics relevant to the research
- Follow and ensure strict safety procedures and safety checks.
- Perform any other lawful tasks as shall be assigned by superiors.
- Diploma in Biomedical Sciences.
- 2 years’ experience and must be a member of HPCZ
- Understanding of HIV Viral processing, experience in working in a PCR laboratory and processing HIV viral load samples.
- Understanding of supply chain, project management and ability to work in a team and manage stakeholders.
- Computer skills (Microsoft office).
PPAZ is an equal opportunity employer
Please send your applications with detailed CV and clearly mark the position applied for not later than 2nd July, 2021 before close of business to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.