Website AMI Expeditionary Healthcare
Job Title: Laboratory Assistant
AMI Expeditionary Healthcare provides medical solutions and services to some of the most remote and challenging environments in the world. AMI has delivered over 7,500+ medical personnel and countless healthcare solutions to over 125 clinical and hospital settings on four continents. We are seeking dedicated health care professionals as independent contractors to support our commitment to saving lives.
About the Project:
AMI is bidding on a contract to provide teams for a mining project to countries on the African continent. The ideal Laboratory Assistant meeting the minimum requirements, is able to travel to any African country in short notice. As this is rapid response, candidates must be able to travel within a short period of being contacted. Candidates must also be willing to travel to potential remote and austere environments.
- Deliver professional health services including provision of Clinical Pathology Services which adhere to the facilities’ policies and procedures.
- Provide basic diagnostic medical testing in the disciplines of clinical biochemistry, clinical microbiology, clinical hematology, clinical immunology and clinical serology testing in line with the contract requirements.
- Ensure operational readiness of Clinical Pathology Services and equipment including personal equipment.
- Manage on-site blood bank with minimum holdings of O Neg, O Pos packed red cells and Fresh Frozen Plasma (FFP) as per the requirements.
- Managing and retaining all laboratory records, registers, and diagnostic material.
- Organizes work by matching computer orders with specimen labeling; sorting specimens; checking to label; logging specimens; arranging reports for delivery; keeping work surfaces clean and orderly.
- Maintains quality results by running standards and controls, verifying equipment function through routine equipment maintenance and advanced troubleshooting; calibrating equipment utilizing approved testing procedures; monitoring quality control measures and protocols.
- Operate within the context of the facility’s Mass Casualty Incident Plan in the designated role, or in other roles as directed by the Project Manager.
- The Technician must always comply with the Company’s and Client’s policies and procedures and Code of Conduct.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as Laboratory Technician
- Bachelor of Laboratory Medicine or equivalent
- Demonstrate sufficient recent clinical experience as a Medical Laboratory Technician in the last 12 months commensurate with the role.
- A valid Home Country License must be maintained at all times
- The holding of a valid BLS will be advantageous
- Must be able to speak and understand the English Language.
Note: Please submit your resume/CV, diploma, passport copies and credentials translated to English language.
The position is contingent upon award of the project and should we be awarded additional details (salary, work schedule, location, etc.) would be provided.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.