Right to Care
Right to Care is at the vanguard in supporting and delivering prevention, care, and treatment services for HIV and associated diseases. We work with government and communities to find pioneering solutions to build and strengthening public healthcare. We embrace a strong entrepreneurial culture and focuses on innovation and the use of technology to enhance services, address skills shortages, and deliver quality healthcare outcomes. Our areas of expertise include HIV and TB care and treatment, pharmacy automation, medical male circumcision, and cervical cancer diagnosis and treatment.
About the Positions
Request to Hire Ref#: RTCZ21-065
Date advertised: 14th June 2021
Closing date: 21st June 2021
Position: Laboratory Technologist X1
Location: Chinsali General Hospital
Contract type: Fixed Term
Contract duration: Until 31st July 2021
Reporting to: Laboratory Manager
Job grade: 7
Contact Person: Vacancy26
Contact email: email@example.com
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum Diploma in Biomedical Sciences.
- 2 years’ experience and must be a member of HPCZ
- Understanding of HIV Viral processing, experience in working in a PCR laboratory and processing HIV viral load samples.
- Understanding of supply chain, project management and ability to work in a team and manage stakeholders.
- Computer skills (Microsoft office).
Technical and Behavioural Competences
- Good decision making
- Professional ethics
- Able to meet dead lines
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Professional ethics
- HIV Viral processing
- Good Interpersonal skills
- Report writing
Key Performance Areas
- Able to perform, Basic ART Laboratory related Haematology, Clinical Chemistry, Serology and Immunology, accurately with minimal supervision.
- Ensure that the Test results obtained after performing Laboratory Tests, are documented according to the standard guidelines and also reported accurately back to the requesting Clinicians on time, with minimal delays.
- Provide Technical guidance to the Clinical staff on how to collect correct specimens from patients.
- Provide guidance to the Clinical staff on what type of Specimens to be collected and what type of containers to be used in the performance of the commonly performed Tests in the Clinical Laboratory.
- Exhibit competent in the use of essential Haematology, Biochemistry, Serology and Immunology instruments approved for use in the Public Health institutions.
- Maintain and document all maintenance activities performed on the essential Laboratory Equipment found in the Public Health Institutions.
- Able to carry out basic trouble shooting measures on laboratory equipment failing to perform according the expected performance.
- Ensure that all Basic Laboratory Standard requirements, which includes Internal Quality Controls (IQC) and External Quality Control (EQA) activities, are always performed on all tests performed in the Laboratory, according to the standard guidelines and are well documented.
- Carry out basic trouble shooting on all Internal Quality Control results failing out the acceptable standards.
- Works with District Lab Systems and eLab support roving/teams to ensure VL samples are correctly taken and transported from points of care
- Ensure adequate supplies of Lab commodities including test kits, urine dipsticks etc.
- Ensures timeous distribution of Lab results for patients
- Ensures compliance with good laboratory practices
- Orientates HCWs on laboratory guidelines and procedures.
By applying for the above-mentioned position, you consent to Right to Care to conduct qualification, ID, criminal and reference checks (internal and external) which forms part of the Company’s recruitment policy and procedure. Should you not receive a response to your application from Right to Care within one month of this advert being placed, kindly consider your application as being unsuccessful.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process. Right to Care reserves the right to withdraw the vacancy at any time for whatever reason.
Right to Care is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an
Equal Opportunities Employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.