First Quantum Minerals Ltd.
About the job
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
To perform different types of Oil Analysis Tests (e.g. Microscopic analysis, slide preparation, Spectrographic analysis, Crackle and other tests.) in line with machinery condition monitoring and assist in coordinating laboratory activities.
- Develop or improve existing analytical methodology under the guidance of senior personnel.
- Develop a working knowledge of all Lubrication Analysis analytical techniques and instrumentation.
- Should have in depth understanding of mechanical systems and components.
- Undertake method validation, analyse different samples (greases, transformer oils and industrial oils) using different analytical techniques such as Karl Fischer, Microscopic Analysis, Viscometry, FTIR, DGA, Dielectric Strength, Grease consistency, RDE, ICP and Dropping Point.
- Prepare reports for assigned duties.
- Assist in the training of new staff in analytical techniques and instrumentation.
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) regulations and their application to the work area.
- Maintain an in depth knowledge of oil analysis and its importance in line with predicative and proactive maintenance.
- An understanding of LIMS developed using Microsoft access.
- Maintaining good working relationships with internal and external customers
- Carry out duties as assigned by the Supervisor
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Minimum of a Diploma in Laboratory Technology or related Fields.
- Diploma/ degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent will be added advantage
- Possess strong interpersonal skills
- Minimum experience 2 – 3 years
- Previous work experience in a large copper mining operation and technical laboratory will be advantageous.
- Team worker
- Bold initiative
- Thinking Safety
- Upholding Quality
- Technical Skill
- Driving Quantity
- Driving attendance
- Must be able to work with minimum Supervision.
- Very good verbal communication skills.
- A high standard of computer literacy, particularly Microsoft Office.
Visit our website and register for instant job alerts at careers.first-quantum.com
Follow us for the latest news at LinkedIn
If you are already a First Quantum employee and have access to the First Quantum network, log into First Quantum MINE > Careers to apply internally for this opportunity.
If you are an employee without network access, contact your Site Recruiter.
To apply for this job please visit firstquantum.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.