John Snow Health Zambia Limited
Job Title: IT Systems Manager
Department/Unit: Administration/IT systems
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Duration: Full-Time position
Reports to: Director of Finance and Administration
The USAID Zambia Accessible Markets for Health (ZAM-Health) Activity is a five-year project to expand the availability and accessibility of high-quality health products and services in the private sector, improve health knowledge, and increase the adoption of healthy and health-seeking behaviors. The program will employ private sector approaches such as marketing, social franchising, and partnerships with for-profit entities to achieve these outcomes. USAID ZAM-Health is implemented by John Snow Health Zambia (JSH) in partnership with JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), Media 365 and PharmAccess.
JSH seeks a dynamic and highly experienced candidate for the position of IT System Manager to be based in Lusaka, Zambia. S/he will work closely with the Finance and Administration team to oversee and deploy all ZAM-Health Office IT systems and support with programmatic IT as needed. The IT Manager will report to the Director of Finance & Administration.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design, manage and implement all ZAM-Health Office IT systems
- Support implementation and adoption of management information systems including effective tracking of all -IT assets. Maintain up-to-date inventory of all IT equipment and software.
- Maintain & monitor security of all data and electronic files. Review and conduct regular testing of the business continuity plans for all project systems including office operations, ensuring adherence to most current IT security standards and policies.
- Maintain the electronic helpdesk system.
- Maintain and implement a schedule for preventative maintenance of all IT equipment.
- Coordinate with vendors and ensure effective performance including support of warranty claims.
- Maintain, track and ensure implementation of service level agreements with vendors.
- Provide timely updates on team performance, task schedules to the Director of Finance and Administration and the Senior Management team, as applicable.
- Maintain and monitor office IT infrastructure and internet connectivity. Resolve telecommunications problems with the telephone network for the office.
- Maintain materials and up-to-date documentation for all IT activities.
- Implement and adhere to JSH’s personnel, financial, operations and fraud management policies.
- Occasional travel to regional offices to support IT systems set-up in new offices and provide ongoing support as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Finance & Administration or other senior staff.
- Bachelor’s degree Information Technology, Computer Science, Operations, or equivalent.
- At least 8 years’ experience in IT Systems Administration, Networking and user support.
- Candidate should demonstrate supervisory skills and ability to guide and mentor IT personnel.
- Candidate should be proactive and able to equitably allocate tasks to team members; monitor and appraise activities on a regular basis. S/he should also be able to use project management systems and provide timely updates on progress of tasks to the supervisor, project staff and management.
- Relevant experience with USAID-funded programs and knowledge of USAID rules, and regulations strongly desired.
- Strong client oriented service inclination and exemplary interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills in English.
- Strong initiative and self-motivation required, with a commitment to teamwork.
- Experience in with setup and administration of mail servers, data servers including disaster recovery and performance tuning.
- Experience in setting-up network infrastructure including configuration of routers, wireless access-points, deployment and configuration of centralized antivirus systems.
- Ability to liaise with relevant stakeholders in scheduling and workflow management.
- Experience in PC and Network device diagnosis and repair.
- Experience with IT procurement is strongly desired. Ability and assertiveness in negotiating fair terms with contractors, service providers and vendors is important. This will include ensuring quality and timely delivery of outsourced services.
- Willingness and ability to travel in-country as needed.
Supervision and Reporting:
The IT Systems Manager will work under the guidance and supervision of the Director of Finance and Administration.
Mode of Application:
Send an application via email ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line please indicate the position you are applying for; only those applications that reference the position in the subject line will be reviewed. Your application should consist of a cover letter and CV with three references and full addresses and contact information.
Please note that you do not need to apply if you don’t meet the minimum requirements. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: June 22, 2021
John Snow Health Zambia, Limited is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions.
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.