Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation
The IT Support Officer shall ensure that all Maryland Global Initiative Corporation business support systems are managed and maintained as per agreed operational service level agreements, and that they are always available and accessible. The IT Support Officer shall implement and review security and best practices in the provision of IT Services to both internal and external customers. The IT Support Officer shall endeavor to remain abreast on relevant technological issues and provide advisory services as may be required.
KEY RESULT AREAS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Manage and Maintain the Corporate Email System
- Train and Provide support to users.
Website and Web Applications Management
- Manage Website and Web Applications
- Maintain Backups and DR measures for the website and web applications.
Security & Compliance
- Ensure policies and procedures are put in place for all systems and processes.
- Ensure regular security assessments are conducted.
- Ensure system sensitization and security awareness programs are done.
- Responsible for training staff in using the various software and information security solutions which the organization is using.
Change Management, Configuration and Patch Management
- Recommend new features or changes to configuration/ workflows based on user feedback.
- Perform Patch Management for all systems.
- Carryout Change Management Processes
Network Management –
- Designing and implementing new network solutions and/or improving the efficiency of current networks
- Manage the Corporate network
- Manage Access Control systems
- Manage CCTV footage.
- Installing, configuring, and supporting network equipment including routers, proxy servers, switches, WAN accelerators, DNS and DHCP
- Procuring network equipment and managing subcontractors involved with network installation.
- Configuring firewalls, routing, and switching to maximize network efficiency and security.
- Maximizing network performance through ongoing monitoring and troubleshooting
- Arranging scheduled upgrades
- Investigating faults in the network
- Updating network equipment to the latest firmware releases
- Reporting network status to key stakeholders
- Manage all hardware for the enterprise and for the server room.
- Maintain an accurate IT inventory.
Customer Service Support
- Manage and maintain the Incident Management System
- Train users on all ICT applications
- Sensitize users on security entrenchment on all.
- Support all [Organization Name] Staff on all applications-
General Backups and Maintenance
- Manage Backups for all systems.
- Ensure BCP measures are put in place for all systems.
- Provide periodical reports for all operations.
- Minimum Degree in Computer Science or in any relevant field is required.
- Member or eligible to be a member of either Engineering Institute of Zambia (EIZ) or Information and Communication Technology Association of Zambia (ICTAZ)
- Minimum of three (3) years of Information Technology experience in a busy environment.
- Good knowledge of Windows administration
- Good knowledge of office automation applications, e.g., Microsoft office, Google Suite
- Good knowledge of Virtualization and Cloud Services
- Good knowledge on MySQL, MSSQL and Oracle Databases
- Good knowledge of backup solutions, restoration and troubleshooting.
- Strong Database management and ICT Security procedures
- Good technical understanding of security strategies, technologies, and risk concepts
- Good knowledge of Project Management
- Good knowledge of networking and communication protocols
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to collaborate and work with a team.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Good customer support skills
- Ability to multi-task while paying strong attention to detail.
Logical thinking and problem solving
- Highly proven ethical conduct and free from criminal record
- Highly computer literate
- Good presentation skills
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.