John Snow Inc.
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) seeks highly qualified and accomplished public health leaders and providers for the United States Agency for International Development (USAID)/PEPFAR-funded Supporting an AIDS-Free Era (SAFE) Project in Zambia. The five-year project which is led by JSI in partnership with Abt Associates, mothers2mothers, and the Catholic Medical Mission Board, works to reduce HIV mortality, morbidity and transmission, while improving nutrition outcomes and family planning integration in three provinces: Central, Copperbelt, and North-Western. USAID/PEPFAR SAFE works with the GRZ, private sector and civil society institutions at the national, provincial, and district level to increase access to ART for HIV positive adults and children, reduce the incidence of new infections, improve Nutritional Assessment, Counseling and Services (NACS), family planning services, Cervical Cancer Screening Services and increase the capacity of local health institutions to better serve affected populations.
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Lusaka, Country Office
Job summary –IT Specialist
IT Specialist is primarily responsible for the smooth running of computer systems at the Lusaka main office and occasionally work with provincial IT teams and supported facilities. The IT Specialist will operate as part of the Project’s IT unit and take direction from the IT Manager; ensuring users are properly supported in a timely manner, responding within agreed time limits to call-outs;
Individual tasks will vary depending on the needs of the organization will include:
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications;
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks;
- Talking staff through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the telephone, to help set up systems or resolve issues;
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults;
- Replacing computer parts as required;
- Providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports;
- Following diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system;
- Supporting the roll-out of new software/applications;
- Supporting the use of SmartCare in supported Health Facilities as and when necessarily required;
- Setting up new users’ accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues;
- Conducting electrical safety checks on computer equipment.
- Providing user support across JSI Safe, either in person or over the phone
- Responding in a timely manner to service issues and requests.
- Regularly evaluating our IT systems to ensure they meet the necessary demands.
- Determine the practicality of changes and modification of systems.
- Completes initial diagnosis and progress all issues in a timely fashion to meet customer SLAs, resolving the incidents wherever possible.
- Escalates tickets to the IT Manager or designate if required.
- Monitors Risks, Issues, Action Logs and Dependencies.
- Provide occasional out of hours support.
- Any other tasks or projects assigned by the supervisor.
- Responsible for installation and resolution of Access Control and CCTV surveillance systems
- Troubleshoot and resolve access and CCTV surveillance related issues, including badging card system.
- User support 40%
- Troubleshooting hardware and software 20%
- Help Desk support 10%
- Network monitoring and administration 30%
- Minimum diploma in IT or the equivalent qualification; any of the Microsoft certification (MCSE, MCSA, MCDA; CCNA); ITIL certification.
- Process improvement
- Documentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to communicate across a broad spectrum of users
- At least 3 years’ experience in similar position; with minimum supervision, understanding of health information systems landscape activities in a busy fast paced environment.
- Good understanding of ITIL in principle particularly in the Service Operation space, covering Service Desk , Incident Management, Problem Management and Knowledge Management.
- Understands and has a strong appreciation of access control and CCTV surveillance systems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve access control and CCTV surveillance related issues; including badging system.
- Passionate about customer service and ability to handle challenging customer conversations. Ability to prioritize under pressure.
- Good knowledge of server operating systems with particular focus on Windows Server 2012/2016 Active Directory.
- Good knowledge of desktop operating systems (Windows) and associated hardware and software (MS Office, MS Project, Visio) necessary to install and support users from an operational perspective.
- Microsoft Windows Server.
- Active Directory (Administration)
- Knowledge of VMWare and Hyper V.
- End-User Devices (Desktop / Laptop / Mobile Phone / Desk Phones)
- Understanding of Networking technologies and concepts.
- Use of System’s monitoring tools
- Good knowledge of Voice Telephony
- Good knowledge of security systems such as centralized access control and CCTV systems
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.