Right to Care
Right to Care is at the vanguard in supporting and delivering prevention, care, and treatment services for HIV and associated diseases. We work with government and communities to find pioneering solutions to build and strengthening public healthcare.
We embrace a strong entrepreneurial culture and focuses on innovation and the use of technology to enhance services, address skills shortages, and deliver quality healthcare outcomes. Our areas of expertise include HIV and TB care and treatment, pharmacy automation, medical male circumcision, and cervical cancer diagnosis and treatment.
Right to Care Zambia has been awarded a five (5) year project funded by the USAID through the PEPFAR mechanism. The Maintained Epidemic Control of HIV (MECH) Project aims to reduce HIV mortality, morbidity and transmission by achieving the UNAIDS and PEPFAR goal of 95/95/95 HIV treatment coverage by providing comprehensive HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment maintenance services in Luapula, Northern and Muchinga provinces of Zambia. The MECH project will work closely with and in support of the Ministry of Health.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Request to Hire Ref#: RTCZ21-111
Date advertised: 11th October 2021
Closing date: 16th October 2021
Position: IT Projects Manager x1
Contract type: Fixed Term
Contract duration: Two (2) Years
Reporting to: Senior IT Manager
Job grade: TBA
Contact Email: [email protected]
Qualifications And Experience
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited tertiary institution in a technology related field.
- Project Management certification (PMP or Prince2) or other relevant accredited courses in Project Management
- Minimum 5 years’ job-related experience in formal project management with a technology background.
- Good understanding of IT infrastructure and the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- High proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite as well as MS Project, MS Visio and other project management tools.
- Experience on Donor funded projects.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
- Postgraduate qualification from an accredited tertiary institution in a technology related field.
- 5-7 years’ job-related experience in formal project management with a technology background.
Technical And Behavioural Competencies
- Planning and Organizing
- Ethics and Integrity
- Good communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Self-starter with proactive work ethic
Key Performance Areas
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and other stakeholders.
- Plan, organise, facilitate and support project meetings and workshops.
- End to end management of IT projects through the application of accepted RTCZ best practice tools and techniques (and other industry leading standards).
- Identify and obtain any support and advice required for the management, planning and control of the project.
- Identify, organise and coordinate project life cycle phases for control purposes.
- Schedule project activities to facilitate effective project execution.
- Take responsibility for overall progress and use of resources and initiate corrective action where necessary
- Support the project environment and activities to deliver project objectives.
- Management of project risks including the development of contingency and prevention plans.
- Manage project issues ensuring conclusion and handover to relevant line managers.
- Creating and maintaining project schedules by developing project plans and specifications, estimating time and resources, monitoring milestone completion, tracking all phases of the project lifecycle, providing timely reporting of issues that impact project progress, coordinating actions and resolving conflicts
- Producing required project analysis documentation (business requirements, scope matrix, use cases, sequence diagrams, future state proposals, UAT plan)
- Leading or participating in multiple projects by completing and updating project documentation; managing project scope; adjusting schedules when necessary; determining daily priorities; ensuring efficient and on-time delivery of project tasks and milestones; following proper escalation paths; and managing business and service provider(s) relationships
- Supervise projects teams for all allocated projects to ensure delivery of project objectives.
- Leading, managing, motivating and coordinating all project participants and team members in order to implement projects based on the baseline plans.
- Liaise with corporate or service provider management of the related projects to ensure that work is neither overlooked nor duplicated.
- Ensure that behavioural expectations of team members are established.
- Liaise with the relevant governance structures to assure the overall direction and integrity of the project.
- Advise the governance structures of any deviations from the projects plans.
- Produce and manage project communications ensuring relevant information is disseminated using the correct context and language.
- Managing and coordinating project interfaces between work packages, suppliers and contractors, together with the stakeholders (internal and external to the organisation) associated with the projects.
- Monitor, evaluate and communicate project schedules.
- Managing the communication and change management in conjunction with the relevant stakeholders.
- Maintaining and conforming to RTCZ’s established standards and processes thus promoting the project management discipline within RTCZ.
- Implement project administration standards and processes.
- Ensure identified project registers are maintained and kept up to date.
- Create an effective project filling system, both hard and soft copy compatible.
- Liaising with relevant governance structures regarding projects administration and documentation as well as management and control of records.
- Participate in the estimation and preparation of cost budgets for specified projects.
- Monitor and control actual cost against budget.
- Prepare and report to the relevant governance structures through highlights, end stage reports, and other relevant reports.
By applying for the above-mentioned position, you consent to Right to Care to conduct qualification, ID, criminal and reference checks (internal and external) which forms part of the Company’s recruitment policy and procedure. Should you not receive a response to your application from Right to Care within one month of this advert being placed, kindly consider your application as being unsuccessful.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process. Right to Care reserves the right to withdraw the vacancy at any time for whatever reason.
Right to Care is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.