Website CAMFED Zambia
Camfed is a non-governmental organization devoted to eradicating poverty through rural girls’ education and empowerment of rural young women. We are operational in all the districts of Western, Muchinga, Luapula,Central and Northern Provinces.
We hereby invite qualified candidates to apply for the following position.
The IT Officer will be the first-line user support for all IT hardware and software issues in the Zambia National Office. You will be working as part of the extended global team with other team members based internationally, taking technical direction from the International Head of IT, but reporting to the Impact Manager in Zambia.
- Providing first- and second-line support, and administration of the following systems, for national office and field-based staff:
- Support Windows 7, 10, Office 2013 and Windows Server 2012R2.
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Network Infrastructure – switches, routers and ISP equipment. Printers.
- Telephony Equipment – desk phones and VOIP gateways.
- IT Systems Security and Disaster Recovery Backups
- Salesforce, including building reports and assisting with declarative development
- Ensuring asset registers and equipment lists are kept and maintained
- Assist with Coordinating IT equipment purchasing, setup, and distribution locally and with assistance from the UK office. Building good relationships with external suppliers and always looking for best value where possible.
- Along with providing essential support, and helping maintain our IT systems, the ideal candidate would also be able to lead the delivery of internal training and contribute to global system and IT process documentation.
- The IT Officer will have robust IT knowledge; excellent team-working and relationship-building skills and an outstanding ability to work and communicate effectively with colleagues across the international IT team. S/he will share CAMFED’s core values and ethos of transparency and accountability, and will bring high levels of energy, proactivity and commitment to the role.
- Problem Solving – Proactively diagnosing and independently solving incidents and problems to give a correct and first-time resolution.
- Use Salesforce helpdesk ticketing system to manage, update and escalate jobs.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship management skills at all levels – from executive and senior management, to middle management, peers, external suppliers and colleagues.
- A proven team player with the ability to assist the development of staff and colleagues of differing technical abilities and skills. Well organised and able to prioritise workload.
- Experience working as part of a global team
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent in an IT discipline.
- Previous experience working with Salesforce.
Please send your CV and Covering Letter to [email protected] by Friday 12 February 2021.
PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT APPLY.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.