United Bank for Africa (Z) Ltd
Implement and deploy and optimize network infrastructure via internal abilities and capacity as well as 3rd party suppliers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in the day-to-day activities and operations of the Enterprise Network Group to ensure full coverage network monitoring and proactive fault resolution
- Management of the Enterprise Voice Network via the supply engagement and coordination a seamless, reliable and cost effective voice communications for the entire enterprise.
- Setting up of Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) to third parties.
- Provide field service and fast response callout ability, either using internal resource or via 3rd Party Network Providers / Operators to achieve defined and agreed Mean Time to Repair (MTTR) and TATS targets.
- Plans, implements, and supports the network and computing infrastructure plan.
- Ensure standards, controls and regulation are strictly complied and adhered in all operational and service delivery activities.
- Manages, supports and ensures availability of LAN (Local Network) and WAN (Wide Area Network) both wired and wireless for all hours of Operation.
- Create and maintain schematics, architectural and topological diagrams of the entire network (WAN & LAN) and ensure a Change Management procedure is adhered in case of design changes.
- Develop and administer capacity-planning and tracking capabilities to ensure responsiveness to increases or imbalances in workload or re-distribution of configurations necessary to optimize network performance.
- Deal with requests, enquiries and complaints in a timely and courteous manner and provide regular updates on the progress of any issue or fault right through to resolution.
- Periodically test the chosen Disaster Recovery plan to ensure effectiveness.
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as requested by the Country Head IT
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Timeliness in attending to all network /application issue
- Customer satisfaction index
- Quality of work output
- Bsc Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical-Electronics Engineering
- Candidates must have a minimum of 5 credits on their Grade 12 results with Mathematics and English included.
Above 4 years’ relevant experience
KEY COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
- VPN, MPLS, E1 & Broadband Radio Technologies
- Router & Network Switch – Configuration and Trouble Shooting
- Backup power including UPS and Inverters
- MS Office Suite including MS Project & Visio
- Digital Subscriber Line, ISDN, Basic Rate Interface.
- Transmission and Routing Protocols
- Voice Switching, Voice over IP and GSM/GPRS Technologies.
- OSI Stack Level 1,2,3, 4 & 5 Knowledge
- Network Design and Optimization Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Good Customer Relations Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Close Attention to Detail.
- Communication Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
Administrative and Functionally reports to: Country Head IT Support
Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements must send a copy of their CV, a cover letter, and academic qualifications in a single document to [email protected] before 3rd May 2022.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.