Right to Care
Right to Care is at the vanguard in supporting and delivering prevention, care, and treatment services for HIV and associated diseases. We work with government and communities to find pioneering solutions to build and strengthening public healthcare.
We embrace a strong entrepreneurial culture and focuses on innovation and the use of technology to enhance services, address skills shortages, and deliver quality healthcare outcomes. Our areas of expertise include HIV and TB care and treatment, pharmacy automation, medical male circumcision, and cervical cancer diagnosis and treatment.
Right to Care Zambia has been awarded a five (5) year project funded by the USAID through the PEPFAR mechanism. The Maintained Epidemic Control of HIV (MECH) Project aims to reduce HIV mortality, morbidity and transmission by achieving the UNAIDS and PEPFAR goal of 95/95/95 HIV treatment coverage by providing comprehensive HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment maintenance services in Luapula, Northern and Muchinga provinces of Zambia. The MECH project will work closely with and in support of the Ministry of Health.
About The Position
Request to Hire Ref#: RTCZ21-110
Date advertised: 11th October 2021
Closing date: 16th October 2021
Position: IT Infrastructure and Operations Manager x1
Contract type: Fixed Term
Contract duration: Two (2) Years
Reporting to: Senior IT Manager
Job grade: TBA
Contact Email: [email protected]
Qualifications And Experience
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited tertiary institution in a technology related field.
- Minimum 5 years’ job related experience in IT infrastructure support and operations management with a technology background and a good understanding of technology service management and Infrastructure.
- High proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite and other software tools.
- IT Certifications (Microsoft, CISCO)
- Experience on Donor funded projects.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
- Postgraduate qualification from an accredited tertiary institution in a technology related field.
- 7 years’ job related experience in IT infrastructure support and operations management.
Technical And Behavioural Competencies
- Planning and Organizing
- Ethics and Integrity
- Good communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Self-starter with proactive work ethic
Key Performance Areas
- Determine organisation wide ICT hardware and software requirements.
- Provide financial input related to Information Technology
- Ensure that the systems are updated and fine-tuned to suit business requirements.
- Demonstrate management and decision-making skills concerning Information Systems policies, processes and procedures, with a proved track record of completing tasks and/or project within budget and on schedule
- Manage platform operations including platform stability and uptime of medium to large scale IT infrastructure (Network, Telcom, server, storage) including project proposals and plans.
- Manage quality control and first-level response and escalations.
- Develop and maintain strategic direction of the technology platform ensuring that the architecture supports the business strategy and best quality-of-service for the business.
- Work with development teams to deploy application updates frequently with low risk.
- Organize, manage, and lead multiple project implementations in a fast-paced IT environment across multiple functional teams.
- Lead infrastructure and technical system discussions with technical engineers, contractors and vendors.
- Provide oversight and direction to implementation team to ensure deployment meets the project specs and requirements.
- Supervise projects teams for all allocated projects to ensure delivery of project objectives.
- Assures technical support, designs and troubleshoots, resolves problems related to networks, servers, desktops, database management software, operating systems, and/or business application software systems through cooperative relationship with IT Operations.
- Perform system administration activities, which include coordinating and managing the purchasing, installation, and configuration of desktops, software and related application software upgrades.
- Create and maintain standards, procedures, and documentation related to area of responsibility. May participate in computer audits and perform testing for disaster recovery process, ensuring a secure processing environment that protects the integrity and availability of information.
- Implements system changes and administers access to systems and information utilising approved information technology security policies, standards and guidelines.
- Leading the development and implementation of standard operating procedures and policies with an emphasis on maintaining and ensuring operation continuity and RTCZ’s systems security.
- Implement standards and processes for applications support and infrastructure management.
- Liaising with relevant governance structures regarding IT applications and infrastructure as well as management and control of records.
- Monitor and control budget in area of responsibility.
- Oversee and supervisor Back Office Engineers and Helpdesk staff and deliverables
- Perform skills transfer and in-house training to rest of staff
- Ensures that daily, weekly, and monthly statistics, status reports and graphical reporting aids are completed and continually modified to meet the needs of the Department.
- Monitor and report on the service and systems availability to ensure availability and accessibility of ICT infrastructure and systems according to SLA.
- Direct the continuous and secure operation, administration and maintenance of the corporate computing and networking infrastructure, including information security and privacy, disaster recovery, and business continuity. Assure that the most appropriate IT security measures are in place. Define and execute security programs in policy, network access, data access, privacy, vendor and auditing environments.
- Responsible for ensuring the ongoing operation and availability of all responsible systems and platforms to meet business / Customer requirements
- Ensure agreed service levels & KPIs are met and exceeded where possible with regard to internal and external customer expectations
- Ensure customer issues are attended to as efficiently as possible delivering the necessary quality outcome without having to revisit & waste time, resource & money
- Define and execute security programs in policy, network access, data access, privacy, vendor and auditing environments.
- Ensure that changes to the current environment are properly documented and tested before promoting into production. Postproduction changes should be documented and managed
By applying for the above-mentioned position, you consent to Right to Care to conduct qualification, ID, criminal and reference checks (internal and external) which forms part of the Company’s recruitment policy and procedure. Should you not receive a response to your application from Right to Care within one month of this advert being placed, kindly consider your application as being unsuccessful.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process. Right to Care reserves the right to withdraw the vacancy at any time for whatever reason.
Right to Care is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.