JOB TITLE: IT Engineer
REPORTING TO: Systems Administrator
DEPARTMENT: IT Department
JOB TYPE: Technician
LOCATION: Choppies Zambia Limited
JOB DESCRIPTION: Duties And Responsibilities
We are a growing company looking for an efficient IT engineer to help us expand our computing infrastructure. The IT engineer’s responsibilities include working with a team of IT specialists to design, set up and maintain a network of computers, including hardware, software, and system architecture.
To be successful in this position, the IT engineer should be a highly motivated, results-driven individual who can create the perfect solution for our organization’s higher-level needs.
The best candidate will also be an excellent listener and communicator, with the ability to explain why their solutions are the best fit for us.
IT Engineer Responsibilities:
- Overseeing the development and installation of new networking and computing
- Selecting the best possible solutions using knowledge of a wide range of available technologies.
- Monitoring systems in the existing network to ensure there are no productivity set-backs.
- Installing and configuring operating systems and application software.
- Implementing best practices for system security and data backups.
- Anticipating potential issues or bottlenecks and identifying possible solutions.
- Troubleshooting and resolving all technical issues when they arise.
- Communicating effectively with IT support staff to ensure the setup process runs smoothly.
- Bachelor’s degree/Diploma in computer science, information systems, or related field with a minimum of 3 years experience.
- Good knowledge in Windows Server 2012 R2 Configuration (AD-DS,DNS & JIS)
- Good knowledge in MS SQL 2008/20012 Configuration(Data Base creation, restoration, backup plans & maintenance)
- UPS system installation (APC & EATON)
- Good knowledge of Point Of Sale (POS) installation and configuration( Scanner, till printers, cash drawers & CPU)
- Good knowledge of CCTV Camera installation & configuration
- Networking(LAN,MAN,SAN & WAN)
- Offsite radio link installations including indoor and outdoor cabling.
- Configuration of routers to enable internet browsing. Bandwidth management.
- Helpdesk support, Hardware and software installations.
Send your Curriculum Vitae (CV), Application and qualifications to the below address:
Copy in (cc): email@example.com
Reference Subject: IT Engineer
Closing Date: 15th June, 2021
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.