Office of the Public Protector
The Office of the Public Protector
The Office of the Public Protector is an independent oversight institution operationalized by the Public Protector Act No. 15 of 2016. The Office is headed by the Public Protector who is a Constitutional Office holder as provided for under Article 243 of the Constitution of Zambia. The institution is entrusted with the mandate to promote and safeguard the interests and the rights of an individual in his or her quest to receive a “public service” that is just and fair. The Office also serves to promote practices of good governance within public institutions in the delivery of public services to the general public.
The Office invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following positions:
Investigations Officer – 9
Salary Scale: I
To conduct investigations on acts of mal-administration in public institutions in order to ensure adherence to set guidelines and facilitate redress.
The key responsibilities for this role include but not limited to the following:
- Conducts timely and effectively, investigations of acts mal-administration in order to ensure adherence to set guidelines
- Undertakes timely production of quarterly reports and case summaries in order to generate information for decision making.
- Manage the complaints system to ensure that all complaints communicated are carefully handled and appropriate follow-up action is taken.
- Manage the security and storage of information, evidence and documents related to investigations.
- Liaise with internal and external parties including local law and other enforcement authorities, as necessary to ensure the effective and efficient functioning of the investigation process.
- Prepare concise and timely reports on activities related to investigations as required.
- Undertake any other related duties as assigned from time to time
- Bachelor Degree in Social Science or a related field.
- Full Grade 12 or Full Form V with five Credit or better
Competencies and skills required:
- Exceptional interview and interrogation skills to handle investigations involving both cooperative and hostile witnesses and subjects of investigations.
- Very good interpersonal/relationship skills.
- Ability to work under stressful situations.
- Good report writing skills and computer literate a must
- Ability to multitask and to provide sound advice on investigative strategies.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Honest and trustworthy
- Excellent team player
- The Office of the Public Protector is an equal opportunity employer, it does not discriminate based on the basis of age, gender, colour, tribe, disability, or religion.
- Those who have already applied for the above positions need not reapply as they will be considered together with the new applicants.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All successful candidates will have to undergo security clearance, vetting and competence assessment
Interested persons should send their application together with certified copies of Academic and Professional Certificates; detailed Curriculum Vitae with traceable references and copy of the NRC not later than Friday 18th June 2021.
Please be advised that the Office of the Public Protector will never ask for any fee or favours during any stage of the recruitment process.
The Chief Administrator
Office of the Public Protector
(Former NAPSA complex in Ibex Hill)
Off Lake Road, Plot No. Kabul/100/120
P.O. Box 50494
Ibex Hill, Lusaka
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia