Website TechnoServe Zambia Limited
Interns – Data Verification / Collection
Scaling Up Nutrition Technical Assistance (SUN TA) is a U.S. Agency for Development (USAID) funded project whose aim is to reduce stunting in Zambia through implementation of the Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ) 1,000 days Most Critical Program.
SUN TA seeks to engage Interns to verify and collect data for several project activities from the following districts: Mumbwa, Chibombo, Kabwe, Kapiri Mposhi, Kasama, Mbala, Kaputa, Luwingu, Nchelenge, Mansa, Samfya, Kitwe and Ndola.
SUN TA seeks to engage Thirty-six (36) Interns to verify and collect data for several project activities from the following districts:
- Mumbwa – Two (2)
- Samfya – Two (2)
- Kaputa- Two (2)
- Chibombo – Three (3)
- Kabwe – Three (3)
- Kapiri Mposhi -Three (3)
- Kasama – Three (3)
- Mbala – Three (3)
- Luwingu – Three (3)
- Nchelenge – Three (3)
- Mansa – Three (3)
- Kitwe – Three (3)
- Ndola – Three (3)
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct physical visits to project beneficiary farmers/farms (Private extension agents, Demonstration farmers, Community and Heath facility gardens) and indicate their GPS locations.
- Conduct performance appraisal of Community, Health facility gardens and Village chicken demonstration farms
- Collect data on land cultivated to vegetables and field crop by project beneficiaries. Field crops include; Orange maize, Orange fleshed sweet potatoes, Mbereshi beans, Sugar beans, Groundnuts and Soybeans.
- Collect data on sells of crops/vegetables by project beneficiaries
- Collect data/information on number of village chicken farmers, number of chickens kept, sold and value of sells
- Upload collected data and information on a daily basis
- Any other tasks/duties as may be required by the District Technical Officer
The Intern will have experience in the following areas: data collection including basic agriculture knowledge monitoring and evaluation. The Intern will be competent and reliable: More specifically, the Intern should have the following;
Demonstrated skills and knowledge:
- Use of computer applications – excel and internet
- Data collection using paper or digits tools
- Interview / social skills (able to freely interact with people)
- Experience in use of mobile digital applications
- Familiarity with rural settings
- Working in hard to reach areas; covering long distances on bad roads
- Riding a motor cycle or bicycle
College certificate or university degree (fresh graduate)
The applicant must be a resident in the district from which s/he is applying from.
- SUN TA invites applications from qualified candidates for the internship program in the above mentioned centers.
Deadline for applications: 1st July 2021
Qualified and interested applicants should submit a PDF Word-formatted single document consisting of:
- Cover Letter stating the reason for your interest in the internship program
We welcome hearing from qualified and interested applicants. Due to a high volume of applicants, please understand that we are able to contact only those who meet the minimum qualifications. No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.