Centre for Infectious Disease Research in Zambia (CIDRZ)
Internal Auditor C5, X1 Ref No. IA/OP/25/03/22
Reports the Manager Internal Audit, the incumbent reviews and assesses CIDRZ processes, controls and practices, as well as related procedures as directed by the Internal Audit Manager. Under general supervision, conducts audits of departments or programs fiscal or operational activities, assists in audits of new or revised accounting or management systems, and performs work as required.
- Provides assurance that operations and processes conform to current CIDRZ policies and procedures and to US Government rules and regulations and other applicable policies and procedures.
- Verifies conformance with donor rules i.e., USG/CDC/USAID funding rules and regulations.
- Conducts audit planning for assigned audit area.
- Prepares and presents clear, concise and timely working papers, schedules and reports in line with International Internal Auditing Standards for review by the Internal Audit Manager.
- Discusses with responsible Program Managers any accounting, project related, management problems and other significant points disclosed in audits and provides appropriate recommendations.
- Identifies controls and processes weaknesses, document main control points and provides evidential support for report recommendations.
- Prepares draft audit report with recommendations, considering materiality, pertinence and documentary evidence, for review by the CIDRZ Internal Audit Manager.
- Performs independent audits for stocks/ assets held by external parties on behalf of the organization
- Updates the status of the previous internal and external findings on a quarterly basis, audits resolved issues and prepares the quarterly status report for review by the Internal Audit Manager
- Prepares process risk assessment for approval
- Prepares planning documents and arranges planning meetings.
- Drafts audit scoping letters for approval
- Prepares audit programs and sets the overall direction of the audits assigned
- Prepares working papers during field work and identifies reportable issues
- Conducts fieldwork and drafts management report
- Presents audit findings during exit meetings
- Prepares internal audit reports for review
- Full Grade 12 Certificate.
- Completed or part professional qualification such as CIA, CISA, CFE ACCA, ZICA, CIMA
- Good knowledge of organizational structures and internal controls
- Knowledge of US Government and other private funders rules and regulations
- Financial and process auditing skills are essential
- At least 2 years of experience in Auditing in a large organization or professional services firm.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.cidrz.org.