Copperbelt University (CBU)
The Copperbelt University is a public university established through an act of Parliament No. 19 of 1987. The University’s core business is Teaching, Research and Community engagement as a service to the nation. The University hereby invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for appointment as Internal Auditor – Information Communication Technology in the Office of the Vice-Chancellor.
Performs complex level professional IT audit and/or compliance work. Work involves conducting IT audit and compliance projects and providing consulting services to the university’s management and staff. Responsible for identifying technology risks and controls and independently evaluating the efficiency and effectiveness of the control environment. Maintains all organizational and professional ethical standards. Works independently under general supervision with considerable latitude for initiative and independent judgement.
Main Duties And Responsibilities
- Performs operational control tasks to ensure compliance with Information Systems controls.
- Assists process owners in the preparation and ongoing maintenance of process documentation (policies, procedures, narratives, control matrices).
- Monitors changes to process documentation including risk monitoring.
- Proactively identifies gaps or conflicts in existing processes and works to develop solutions.
- Communicates potential control gaps to manage and coordinate cross-functional team meetings to remediate and close control gaps.
- Assists with the education and training of process owners within the university IS policy and standards framework.
- Assists with the education and training of process owners and internal audit staff as necessary.
- Performs technology controls testing.
- Assists with remediation of deficiencies.
- Drives process improvements initiatives.
- Determine compliance with policies and procedures.
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls.
- Perform specific audit procedures and prepare a work paper documenting the audit procedures performed.
- Assist external auditors as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications & Experience
- Grade 12 or Form V certificate with five (5) “O” level Credits which should include English.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in the field of computer science, information systems, security, information systems and accounting, and/or an appropriate academic major.
- Minimum four (4) years IT Security, IT audit and/or compliance experience in the area of information technology audit/consulting.
- Knowledge of Cybersecurity preferred.
- Knowledge of aligning operational models to and delivering against different governance frameworks (e.g. ISO 27001, ISO 27035, ISO 22301, ISO 27005/31000, PAS555, Cyber Essentials, PCI DSS, NHS DSPT, etc.) highly preferred.
- Certified as a CISA, CISM, CISSP or CGEIT or similar professional certification or working toward obtaining a certification preferred.
Required Skills And Attributes
- Considerable knowledge of and skill in applying control processes and related business practices.
- Knowledge of management information systems terminology, concepts and practices.
- Skill in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems, and drawing logical conclusions.
- Considerable skill in planning and project management, and in maintaining composure under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Skill in negotiating issues and resolving problems.
- Considerable skill in using a computer with word processing, spreadsheet and other business software to prepare reports, memos, summaries and analyses.
- Considerable skill in effective verbal and written communication skills and skill in presenting findings and recommendations. Skill in developing appropriate recommendations to address exposures.
- Knowledge of generally accepted IS standards and control practices.
- The ability to learn new operations quickly and work independently is a must.
- Knowledge of information systems terminology, concepts and practices is a plus.
- A self-starter with the ability to prioritize, multi-task, meet deadlines and take ownership of responsibilities.
- Ability to work well with a self-directed, team-based environment.
- Good oral and written communication/presentation skills.
- Strong organization and analytical skills.
- Ability to think critically, creatively and independently.
- A team player with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills including ACL, MS Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Word.
- Use of MS Office products, audit software, data analysis tools or other similar audit software.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
Interested individuals meeting the above qualifications should submit detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of Academic and Professional certificates and names of three referees, two of whom must be professional.
Hard copy applications should be submitted to the undersigned while soft copies should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 4th June 2021.
P. O. Box 21692
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.