Website Centre for Infectious Disease Research in Zambia (CIDRZ)
Reports to Internal Audit Manager. The incumbent’s responsibility is to review and assess CIDRZ processes, controls and practices, as well as related procedures as directed by the Internal Audit Manager. Under general supervision, conduct audits of departments or programs fiscal or operational activities, assist in audits of new or revised accounting or management systems, and perform work as required.
- Conducts financial and operational audits of average difficulty and assists in complex audits. Duties include:
- Provides assurance that operations and processes conform to current CIDRZ policies and procedures and to US Government rules and regulations and any other applicable policies and procedures.
- Verifies conformance with USG/CDC/NIH funding rules and program achievements;
- Conducts audit planning for assigned audit area.
- Prepares and presents clear, concise and timely working papers, schedules and reports in line with International Internal Auditing Standards for review by the Internal Audit Manager.
- Discusses with responsible Program Managers any ‘accounting, project related and management problems and other significant points disclosed in audits and provide appropriate recommendations;
- Performs special assignments as required such as the investigation reports etc
- Identifies control and processes weaknesses, document main control points and provide evidential support for report recommendations.
- Prepares draft audit report with recommendations, considering materiality, pertinence and documentary evidence, for review Internal Audit Manager.
- Performing independent audits for stocks/ assets held by external parties on behalf of the organisation
- Updates the status of the previous internal and external findings on a quarterly basis, auditing resolved issues and preparing the quarterly status report for review by the Internal Audit Manager.
- Full Grade 12 Certificate
- Completed or part professional qualification such as CIA ,CISA,CFE ACCA, ZICA ,CIMA, etc
- At least 3 years of experience in Auditing in a large organisation or professional services firm
- Organisational integrity
- Good collaboration and communication skills
- Audit planning and organising
Suitably qualified candidates are invited to apply. However, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted