Zambia National Commercial Bank PLC
This function is responsible for performing, day to day conduct and completion of assigned audit engagements. The function involves conducting performance, operational, financial and compliance audit projects; providing consulting services to the bank’s management and staff; and providing input to development of the annual internal audit plan. Maintains all bank and professional ethical standards and completes all internal audit work in compliance with The IIA’s International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards).
Under the supervision of the Internal Audit Senior Specialist (IASS), the following are among the Job Key Responsibilities:
- Assists in Identifying and evaluating the organization’s risk areas and provide key input to the development of the Annual Audit Work Plan.
- Performs audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analysing evidence, and documenting client processes and procedures.
- Conducts interviews, review documents, develops and administers surveys, composes summary memos, and prepares working papers.
- Conduct data extraction, analysis and security reviews utilizing appropriate tools.
- Maintaining appropriate working relationships with bank staff and internal audit staff.
- Identifies, develops, and documents audit issues and recommendations using independent judgment concerning areas being reviewed.
- Monitoring the day-to-day progress on work assigned.
- Communicating audit findings to management throughout the engagement and keeping the IASS informed on the status audit.
- Preparing the draft audit report, seeing that all findings are adequately supported, and determining those findings to be included in the report or those to be handled as minor findings.
- Presenting and communicating audit findings at the audit review meeting.
- Pursues professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and sharing information gained with co-workers.
- Any other responsibilities or tasks as maybe assigned by management.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 Certificate with Credit or above mandatory in Mathematics and English and any other three subjects
- Bachelor’s Degree or professional qualification in a relevant field
- At least four (4) years of professional experience in auditing
- Should have Auditing certifications such as CIA, CISA
- Strong working knowledge of auditing standards, regulations, and best practices
- Should possess high skills and experience in auditing.
JOB CORE COMPETENCIES
- Ethical Orientation
- International Professional Practices Framework
- Clinical and attentive to detail
- Stakeholder Management
- Analytical Skills/ Problem solving
- Self-Management / Organizational skills
- Drive for results
- Very good Communication, Presentation and Reporting skills.
To apply for this job please visit zanaco.mcidirecthire.com.