GreenCo Power Services Limited
Intern – Junior Engineer
Job Title: Intern – Junior Engineer
Sector: Energy and Environment
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
About GreenCo Power Services Limited (GreenCo).
GreenCo’s vision is to lead innovation and sustainably transform renewable energy markets.
- An innovative business model with sector changing potential.
- Focused on creating impact through innovative business solutions in the energy sector.
- Agile start-up culture with a focus on individual responsibility and personal impact.
GreenCo acts as an intermediary offtaker and service provider, purchasing power from renewable IPPs and selling that electricity to utilities and private sector offtakers (i.e. commercial and industrial users) and markets of the SAPP. GreenCo will mitigate the risk of purchaser default through an ability to secure alternative buyers or through short-term trading on the SAPP electricity markets. Through its participation in competitive power markets, GreenCo will promote cross-border power transactions and a more dynamic and liquid short-term power market. Through its activities, GreenCo will increase the supply of, and demand for, finance for energy projects, and mobilise private sector capital more quickly towards critical and transformative capacity addition.
GreenCo is a women-led start-up and its ambitions to hire more female employees require a proactive approach to overcome the shortage of qualified applicants. We therefore are reaching out directly to Universities in and around Zambia to identify promising female engineering students to enroll in our corporate internship program, which can lead to permanent positions with GreenCo in varying disciplines.
The Female Corporate Internship Program
GreenCo invites talented women to apply for the position of Junior Engineer Intern, the first role planned under GreenCo’s Female Corporate Intership Programme. Details about the role are provided below.
Key Duties Overview:
- Closely follow technically relevant workstreams and proactively grow requisite skills.
- Draw on a foundational technical skill; computer programming (C++, SQL, Matlab), Excel, Power systems, to carry out various day to day assignments including data manipulation, systems testing, data visualization etc.
- Support Senior engineers/supervisors on various technical workstreams as may arise.
- Manage and update databases as required.
- Attend meetings, take minutes, and engage appropriately as required.
- Carry out research on emerging areas.
- Project Management.
Qualifications and Requirements.
The candidate is expected to bring a combination of the following experience, personal attributes and qualifications:
- A recognized bachelor’s degree in Electrical / Electronics / Engineering obtained in or after 2019;
- Strong project management skills;
- Excellent oral and written skills in English;
- Strong working knowledge of common office productivity IT tools and software like MS Office;
- Strong data analysis skills using general-purpose statistical software packages or specific ones in the area of sustainable development; and
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
- Based primarily in GreenCo Power Services headquarters in Lusaka, with occasional remote working accepted.
- This is a full-time role and whilst the normal working week is 40 hours, it is expected that the ideal candidate will be prepared to both work and travel as required to fulfil the objectives of the business.
- Competitive internship stipend.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to participate further in the selection process.
- The internship commences on 15th July 2021 and will be for a fixed period of 10 months.
- Submission of cover letter and CV by June 20th 2021
We invite all interested Female candidates to apply online via our website at: https://africagreenco.com/careers
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia
To apply for this job please visit greenco.bamboohr.com.