Water Resources Management Authority (WARMA)
INSPECTOR-REGULATIONS AND COMPLIANCE (05 Positions)
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized University/Institution.
- Full Grade Twelve Certificate
- Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ).
- Three (3) years’ experience. preferably in similar institutions.
Purpose of the Job:
Main Duties and Accountabilities:
- Conduct inspection of water resources infrastructure to determine their safety and integrity.
- Conduct inspections of licensed drilling companies, equipment, and their operations to determine compliance.
- Take audit of water permits and monitor the adherence to water permit conditions by all water users.
- Review design and/or as-built drawings and technical reports of hydraulic structures such as dams and weirs.
- Investigate all complaints received concerning water resources utilisation.
- Investigate reported incidences of water pollution, water misuse, illegal water use and enforce compliance.
- Undertake regular inspections of all water works to ascertain their operation in accordance with the approved plans and specifications
- Gather technical evidence of illegal water use for purposes of enforcing the provisions of the WRM Act No. 21 of 2011.
- Prepare comprehensive inspection reports
- Conduct audits of any potential adverse activities that may affect water resources.
- Provide support and advice to water users to ensure compliance with regulations and provisions of the Water Resources Management Act.
- Performs any other duties as delegated by superiors.
Interested persons should send their application letters supported by copies of certified academic and professional qualifications with detailed curriculum Vitae (CVs) with 3 traceable referees to the following address not later than Tuesday 15th June, 2021: