Civil Aviation Authority
The Civil Aviation Authority (CAA), is a statutory body was established by the Government of the Republic of Zambia under Section 3 of the Civil Aviation Authority Act No.7 of 2012.
The CAA is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill one (01) position of Inspector Procedures for Air Navigation Services – Aircraft Operations under the Directorate of Air Navigation Services and reporting to the Senior Inspector Air Traffic Management.
To undertake to develop, implement and review Procedures for Air Navigation Services – Aircraft Operations, Standards and Procedures in order to ensure safe and orderly flow of air traffic in the Zambian Airspace and safe approach and departure procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertake timely preparation of Work Plans for Procedure for Air Navigation Services – Aircraft Operations (PANS-OPS) Unit in order to facilitate enforcement of regulatory programs and activities.
- Ensure timely compliance of PANS-OPS Standards by the Air Navigation Service Provider (ANSP) with the Legislation and International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPs)
- Conduct Inspections, Audits and Surveillance activities on the ANSP’S PANS-OPS System in order to ensure compliance with National Regulations and International Standards.
- Check all Instrument Approach/Departure Procedures and make recommendations to the ANSP for review.
- Approve designs of en-route, approach and landing instrument charts to ensure the safe use of these charts by aircraft and that such designs are in line with the criteria contained in ICAO Doc 8168 Vol. II.
- Participate in the airspace organization and management;
- Undertake timely aircraft incidents investigation in order to facilitate appropriate interventions.
- Participate in the implementation of the Quality Management System (QMS) in order to enhance quality organisational output and stakeholder requirements.
- Participate in the implementation of Performance Management System (PMS) in order to enhance individual and organisational performance.
- Undertake prudent utilisation of resources in order to facilitate attainment of set objectives.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Full Form V/Grade 12 School Certificate.
- Degree in Aeronautical Engineering from a recognised University
- Qualification in either Air Traffic Management (ATM), Procedures for Air Navigation Services – Aircraft Operations (PANS-OPS), or Aeronautical Information Services (AIS).
- At least five (5) years minimum working experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Zambia Civil Aviation Requirements (ZCARs) and ICAO Doc 8168 Vol. II is a requirement.
- Qualification in cartography is an added advantage.
- Must be a Zambian citizen.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Team Player
- Decision Making
- Analytical Skills
- Result Oriented
Applicants who meet the above qualifications are encouraged to submit an application letter together with detailed Curriculum Vitae including two (3) traceable referees and day time telephone numbers. All applications should reach the undersigned not later than 30th April 2021.
Civil Aviation Authority
Former Zambia Airways Technical Base Hanger 38/947
Kenneth Kaunda International Airport
P.O. Box 50137
Find Zambia Jobs – The best Job board for jobs in Zambia