Scaw Limited is a Copperbelt-based manufacturing Company specialized in the manufacturing of grinding media, castings products and industrial oxygen and acetylene, that was established in 1960.
Scaw limited seeks to employ a suitably qualified, experienced and result oriented individual to fill up the following position on a two-year contract renewable depending on individual performance;
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IT) OFFICER/ SPECIALIST
The purpose of this role is to manage Information Technology infrastructure by analyzing requirements, designing and testing software, identifying, troubleshooting and resolving Information Technology problems.
Duties and Responsibilities;
Systems Administration and Support
- Create and maintain active directory users and groups
- Assigning appropriate end user rights for different file share roles
- Provision of Information Technology support to key events
- Manage the access control/ biometric systems
- Maintain Systems documentation
- Train staff on use of software applications
Network Administration Support
- Installing, configuring and managing network equipment
- Monitoring and improving network performance
- Maintaining physical and logical network topology documentation
- Troubleshooting and resolving network problems
- Maintain PBAX and local telephone systems
- Maintain and coordinate external telephone services and liaising with service providers for resolving faults.
- Ensure all hardware is maintained at regular intervals and with corresponding maintenance log
- Maintenance of an up to date inventory of software and hardware
- Coordinate repairs of Laptops, Desktops, Printers, Scanners and other computer related equipment
- Maintenance of all CCTV network infrastructure including switches, NVRs
- Troubleshooting CCTV errors and faults, and appropriately escalating problems to maintenance service provider
- Coordinate and monitor period service of equipment
- Provide downtime reports
Security and Compliance
- Ensure the security policies and procedures are implemented for all systems
- Deployment and management of anti-virus software to firm Computers
- Train Staff to enhance their use of Information Technology systems and knowledge on security awareness
- Create and Maintain User Accounts
- Monitor and maintain email server
- Grade Twelve (12) Certificate with a minimum of 5 Credits
- Degree/ Diploma in Computer Science
- At least 2 years’ experience in Information Technology
- ISO 9001:2015 QMS (Added Advantage)
- ISO 3500 Risk Management (Added Advantage)
- Advanced Computer skills and applications
Skills and Competencies
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural environment;
- Analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure in a fast pace environment
Only applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their applications with copies of detailed Curriculum Vitae with traceable references, academic/ professional qualifications and any other relevant documentation in support of the application. Applications should be submitted to the address below or emailed to [email protected] not later than Friday, 08th April 2022.
Only short-listed candidates will be communicated to.
HEAD – MANPOWER DEVELOPMENT AND TRAINING
CORPORATE SERVICES DEPARTMENT
P.O. BOX 20418
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.