The position develops the Industrial Relations strategy, budget and work plan, monitors the implementation of collective bargaining agreements, coordinates the management of staff complaints and disciplinary hearings, and reports on the implementation of the collective bargaining agreements to management as well as staff welfare programs.
- Develop/ refine NAPSA industrial relations strategies, policies and processes to ensure strategies, policies and processes meet the needs of the business and reflect the best practice market trends.
- Monitor NAPSA compliance with the industrial relations guidelines and laws, in order to protect NAPSA from legal and regulatory risks.
- Adjudicate disciplinary case hearings for unionised employees and provide secretarial support for all disciplinary cases that involve management staff, in order to ensure disciplinary action is administered in accordance with the provisions of the Code of Discipline and Grievance Procedure.
- Provide advice to management on practices that impact employee relations in order to minimise on negative practices for enhanced labour relations at NAPSA.
- Coordinate the payment of terminal benefits for retired and separated staff to ensure the staff are paid in a timely manner for reduced labour unrest.
- Coordinate the training of staff on industrial relations policies and procedures to ensure uniform interpretation and implementation.
- Participate in Bargaining Unit meetings to ensure agreements reached are favourable to NAPSA.
- Keep proper records on collective bargaining to ensure the records are safe, fast, and easy to retrieval when required for decision making purposes.
- Coordinate the implementation of the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreements and Conditions of Service in order to ensure both management and the unionized employees’ objectives are realised.
- Resolve industrial relations issues and attend to employee complaints /welfare in order to promote good industrial relations.
- Develop and implement strategies to ensure labour matters are attended to in a timely manner, in order to ensure a harmonious labour environment that supports business.
- Coordinate staff welfare processes to ensure efficiency and effectiveness in service delivery to staff.
- Assist to co-ordinate employee health and safety at NAPSA to ensure full compliance with the labour laws on occupational health and safety, and to minimise risks associated with occupational health and safety.
- Organizes staff social engagement forums e.g. Labour Day celebrations, staff participation in national events etc. to ensure the forums are attractive and beneficial to staff.
- Liaise with medical providers and insurers to facilitate admissions and to address any issues, to support the delivery of quality and timely medical services to staff.
- Grade 12 Certificate with 5 ‘O’ levels with Credit or better including English and Mathematics.
- Degree in Human Resources Management, Social Sciences or equivalent.
- Member of the Zambia Institute of Human Resources Management (ZIHRM) with valid Practicing Certificate.
Minimum Experience Required
- Not less than five (5) years of HR generalist experience at a management level in an organisation of similar size.
To apply for this job please visit careers.napsa.co.zm.