Shorthorn Printers Limited
1. ICT SYSTEMS TECHNICIAN (1 position)
Job Purpose: To undertake the design and development of appropriate computer systems/programmes and production of systems documentation in order to facilitate easy processing, storage and security of information and facilitate future reference and operations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices (routers, printers etc.).
- Check computer hardware (HDD, mouses, keyboards etc.) to ensure functionality.
- Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications.
- Develop and maintain local networks in ways that optimize performance.
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems.
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment.
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work.
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.).
- Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule.
- Identify computer or network equipment shortages and place orders.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Full Grade 12/ GCE Certificate
- Diploma / Advanced Certificate in Computer Science or its equivalent with 2 years’ work experience
- Good writing skills as the job entails compilation of day to day workflow and schedules
- Ability to communicate as the job may require interaction with different categories of clients
- Proven experience as ICT Technician or relevant position
- Excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
- In depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
- Member of Information and Communications Technology Association of Zambia (ICTAZ)
Method of Application
Send an application via email ONLY to [email protected]
Your application should consist of a cover letter and CV with three references and addresses and contact information.
Closing Date: 18th November, 2022.