Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board
Reporting to the Assistant Manager- ICT Security, the job holder will be responsible for supporting the Board’s business through the provision of timely, cost effective, efficient and professional Information Technology Security and Quality Assurance services for the purposes of achieving corporate goals.
The Officer holder will be reporting to Assistant Manager ICT Security.
- Conduct and manage regular cybersecurity vulnerability assessments of the Board’s ICT infrastructure
- Oversee the implementation of cybersecurity on all of the Board’s internal and external information systems
- Monitoring network traffic
- Configuring and supporting network and security tools such as Switches, Routers, Firewalls, Anti-virus, and Patch management systems
- Implementing network security policies, application security, access control and corporate data safeguards
- Liaise and conduct ICT risk assessments and compliance
- Establish, implement, and maintain an IT business continuity management methodology for all critical applications for the Board
- Ensure complete adherence to information security principles and standards both for external and internal users
- Conduct regular employee cybersecurity awareness programs for internal users .
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade Twelve (12) Certificate with five (5) credits or better which should include English and Mathematics.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/IT or equivalent.
- Professional Qualifications:
- Networking: CCNA – Routing & Switching
- Security: CISSP/CISP/CISA/CEH or any vendor Firewall certification is an added advantage
- Experience in Cybersecurity Operations.
- Must be a member of ICTAZ
- At least three (3) years’ work experience in Cyber Security
OTHER SKILLS REQUIRED
- Knowledge of common protocols such as SSL, HTTP, HTTPS, DNS, SMTP and IPSec
- A strong understanding of Switches, Routers, Sophos UTM and other firewall technologies
- Packet shaper, load balancer and proxy server knowledge
- Intrusion detection system/intrusion prevention system knowledge
- Deep understanding of IT infrastructure, including protocols, operating systems, and networks.
How to Apply
Applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae with traceable referees, certified copies of all relevant academic and Professional certificates, copy of National Registration Card (NRC) or Passport to support the application with contact details indicating daytime telephone/mobile numbers should be submitted to the following address or visit Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board job portal not later than 26th August 2022.
Please note that you DO NOT need to apply if you do not meet the minimum job requirements as set out in the advert and note also that only successful candidates will be contacted.