Career Prospects Limited
Our client, a leading Oil Marketing Company in Zambia providing accelerated career growth, leadership opportunities and driven by core values of trustworthiness, entrepreneurship, innovation and passion to excel, urgently requires (for their Lusaka office), a versatile, dynamic, self-motivated, highly credible and suitably qualified individual to fill the vacant positions of;
Job Title: I.T. Systems and Desktop Administrator
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Maintaining, upgrading and managing the Company software, hardware, web, email and network infrastructures
- Ensuring that the Company’s technology infrastructure runs effectively and efficiently.
- Providing professional advice and guidance to senior management on organisational policy with regard to quality standard and strategic planning as far as IT, Systems, desktop and web are concerned,
- Managing and maintaining SAGE and Oil Pro systems.
- Providing systems usage training to both new and existing members of staff.
Required Qualifications, Competencies and Attributes
- Bachelor of Science Degree or Bachelor of Arts Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent.
- System Administrator and IT certifications in Microsoft, Linux or other network related fields will be added advantage.
- 3 – 5 years proven experience as a System, Database or Network Administrator in a busy environment.
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware and networking protocols.
- Understanding ICT, Systems and desktop pricing models and ability to negotiate ICT acquisition on behalf of the Company.
- Knowledge of implementing and effectively developing helpdesk and IT operations best practices, including expert knowledge of system security, storage data, protection data backup and disaster recovery protocols.
- Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management.
- Ability to create scripts in Python, Perl or other language.
- Must be versed in PC, iOS and familiar with other operating systems and platforms.
- A proven track record of developing and implementing IT strategy and plans.
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Membership to the ICT Association of Zambia
Interested candidates meeting the above qualifications should email their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org and/or Namucana.email@example.com. The closing date for receiving applications is: 30th July, 2021.
For more details please visit: www.careerprospectslimited.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.