Java Foods Limited
POSITION: Human Resources Officer
BUSINESS UNIT/FUNCTION: Human Resources & Administration
FUNCTIONAL REPORTING: CEO
LOCATION: Lusaka (Chinika Industrial Area)
Java Foods was founded in 2012 by Monica Musonda, with the vision of manufacturing nutritious food products using locally acquired raw materials at affordable prices. We provide value for money products that you can trust. The Company’s products have become household names in Zambia and in the region, priding themselves in being very high-quality products through well-known brands like eeZee Noodles and Supa Cereal. Java Foods realised there was an opportunity to manufacture nutritious foods at an affordable price point for distribution given (i) changing demographics and consumption patterns – rapid urbanization and improving incomes in urban areas was leading to increased demand for easy-to-prepare convenience products (ii) the large urban youth population and (iii) growth of formal (modern) retail.
Nourishing families through the provision of high-quality nutritious products made from locally sourced raw materials and thereby improving livelihoods.
Java Foods understands the connection between people and land, and that connection starts with food. If we are good to the soil, it will feed us. If we are good to our bodies, we will grow. If we are good to each other, we will grow together.
We want to become a leading branded food company in Southern Africa whose brands are synonymous with high quality, good value and nutrition.
Our vision is one of shared growth. For us, that growth starts with nutritious food.
Java Foods is an equal opportunity employer, with a strong culture of inclusivity and ensuring gender diversity at all levels.
Java Foods Limited is looking to hire a Human Resources Officer.
- Manage and coordinate the cohesive delivery of Human Resources Management in order to ensure a productive, performance driven, engaged workforce and ensure alignment of Java’s HR practices and policies.
- The HR Officer will be responsible for providing support in the various human resources functions, which include recruitment, staffing, training and development, performance monitoring and employee counseling.
Talent Acquisition & Onboarding:
- Plan, implement and manage the overall Talent Acquisition strategy.
- Perform duties such as job descriptions, job posting and promotion and hiring analytics.
- Implement/facilitate practical & effective on boarding processes that will help new employees to integrate into the company;
Performance and Talent Management:
- Help improve performance management policies, processes and tools;
- Support the creation of a high performance culture at Java
- Educate all Staff on performance management processes & policies to ensure compliance, to ensure fair & transparent implementation.
- Encourage a meaningful performance and development dialogue between reporting manager and employee.
Learning Management: Plan and implement training programs.
HR Operations and Employee Management:
- Support the building and sustainability of a strong and inclusive culture through positive working relationships between employees and the company;
- Ensure smooth functioning of HR Operations
- Create processes to meet employee engagement requirements and proactively capture early signals of employee engagement issues.
- Maintaining employee records and paperwork
Facilitate employee-management forum.
- Design rewards and recognition schemes targeted at fostering employee engagement and retention
- Ensuring the required legal compliance on all statutory matters related to employees.
- Ensure relevant legal compliance on HR on all company decisions, disciplinary and grievances issues, advise management and take action according to legislation.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, business, or a related field.
- Additional HR education and certification will be a plus.
- 3 years of experience as an HR Officer or similar HR role.
- Must be a member of the Zambia Institute of Human Resources Management (ZHRIM).
- Excellent knowledge of various HR functions such as pay & benefits, recruitment, onboarding, evaluation, training & development etc.
- Good understanding of labor laws
Proficient in MS Office.
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, tight timelines, multiple priorities in a fast moving growing environment.
- Problem-solver, Good decision-making skills, Strong ethical standards – High degree of professionalism, maturity and confidentiality.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Annual gross salary of K120,000. Gratuity payment @ 25% of basic pay at completion of contract. Maximum potential annual bonus of 20% of basic pay on attainment of Key Performance Targets, Medical (for employee and 3 dependents) and Airtime allowance of K300 per month.
Only candidates that meet the above requirements must send their Cover letter and CV only as a single document to Reception@java-foods.com. The deadline is 8th July, 2021.
To apply for this job email your details to Reception@java-foods.com.