John Snow Health Zambia Limited
Job Title: Human Resources Officer
Department/Unit: Finance & Administration
Location: Copperbelt, Zambia
Duration: Full-Time position
Reports to: Director of Finance & Administration
The USAID Zambia Accessible Markets for Health (ZAM-Health) Activity is a five-year project to expand the availability and accessibility of high-quality health products and services in the private sector, improve health knowledge, and increase the adoption of healthy and health-seeking behaviors. The program will employ private sector approaches such as marketing, social franchising, and partnerships with for-profit entities to achieve these outcomes. USAID ZAM-Health is implemented by John Snow Health Zambia (JSH) in partnership with JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), Media 365 and PharmAccess.
JSH is seeking an insightful, detail oriented and experienced candidate for the position of Human Resources (HR) Officer for its ZAM-Health Copperbelt regional office. The HR Officer contributes to the accomplishment of HR practices and objectives by supporting the full employee life cycle from recruitment, induction to exit, and in providing administrative support in the day-to-day running of HR activities. The HR Officer will report to the Copperbelt Regional Director and work in close collaboration with the Lusaka based HR Manager and the Copperbelt Finance and Operations Manager.
- Collect and organize input on HR processes and policies and participate in the review and update of various systems, manuals, guidelines, and tools.
- Give HR support to the staff based in the Copperbelt office and in other offices as and when required.
- Place adverts for facilitating recruitment, contact shortlisted candidates and arrange for interviews.
- Conduct background checks for selected candidates and mails out the candidate offer letter packet as requested and tracks return.
- Prepares all documentation, staff IDs and business cards required for new employees.
- Plan and participate in employee orientation.
- Assist to maintain HR records through a documented filing system based on “easy to retrieve” principle.
- Guide staff on the use of online timesheet.
- Ensure that all staff have done online ethical training and have obtained certificates.
- Assist employees with any benefit claim issues.
- Responsible for updating, and reconciling all staff records/bills for Medical insurance, GPA and Workmen’s compensation.
- File all compliance reports.
- Assists with VISA and Work Permit applications when required.
- Facilitate sign off exit checklist by supervisor, IT and other departments for employees leaving the organization.
- Maintain staff database.
- Stay informed on changes to local labor laws.
- Implement and/or adhere to JSH’s personnel, financial, operations and fraud management policies.
- Travel to regional offices as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by other senior staff.
Skills Required and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or Business Administration required. Additional relevant experience and completion of HR certification or courses, may substitute for some education.
- Minimum of three years’ work experience in HR, preferably with an International or local NGO and good knowledge of HR best practices and standards.
- Experience with and knowledge of employment laws, regulations, policies, principles, concepts, and practices. Good understanding of the local labor law.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Skills in database management and record keeping.
- Able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Must be able to gather and analyze information skillfully.
Mode of Application:
Send an application via email ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line please indicate the position you are applying for; only those applications that reference the position in the subject line will be reviewed. Your application should consist of a cover letter and CV with three references and full addresses and contact information.
Please note that you do not need to apply if you don’t meet the minimum requirements. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: June 30, 2021
John Snow Health Zambia, Limited is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions.
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.